197: MAJOR Service sooner rather than later :(

Just been over to my parents, to pick something up.

The handbrake was on full, heard a large scrape and bump.... car ran 15 metres into the front of their house!!!

SO taking the plunge and getting it booked in 6 weeks earlier than planned as I require the car..... bricking myself at seeing the final cost!

That doesn't sound good mate. Always leave the car in gear. I always do in mine.

As said always leave in gear. If you'd been hard braking. The brakes cool and contract meaning the pads no longer contact the disk.

yeah quite a bit roy unfortunately, looks like respray of front end, and new light on drivers side..... going to see if I can get projectors....

haha no that was one of the first things I checked!!

do you know if I can have the bonnet re-laquered?? Its starting to go a bit grey/white in areas?

Tell me about it mate!! Honestly!!! I now also swear that my parents house is haunted!! or someone trying to tell me something!!!

Reason been, I picked up a 1800's fob watch and chain to look at whilst at my parents, my dad is a pawnbroker, literally as soon as I popped the chain on the scales to see what its scrap value was..... the microwave started sparking!! then turning off turning on etc..... straight after that, is when I heard the scraping/crunching/smashing... which scared the shiznit out of me! ( im usually ok with things like this, until something happens) which was my car smashing into the front of the house!!!

Then, to top it off, I began to steadily drive home.... got about 300m from my parents house, and the brakes locked up again!! just had new tyres. and had learnt my lesson, and rang my dad to come help me!!!

Bad things always come in 3's.... hopefully!

Nightmare mate, gotta hate when something like this happens and you think "if only". Leave it in gear next time :smile:

At least if you get some projectors you can think of it as an upgrade! :smile: