Bit of a major problem!! HELP PLEASE!

Just been outside to clean the car , went to wash the wheels and spotted that the wheel is catching the brake lines!

Ive fitted goodridge brake lines from demon tweeks ( says on box clio 197 including cup but assumed they same for both 197 and 200?)

Has anyone else had this issue? To me looking at it now, the brake line's seem far too long?

Uplaoded some pic's, see what you think. it's doing it both sides :worried: Anyone got any pic's with there line's fitted or fancy whipping wheel off for me and taking pic so can comapre

Bit pi55ed off as im doing oulton park next weekend so need this sorting ASAP

Cheers

Last edited:
Has been a problem with the Goodridge lines for years for the Clio. Tis the reason I went with HEL lines a couple of years ago when I went down this route.

I had this with them also.
Took it back to the garage that fitted them and they twisted the lines a different way and all was good.
It's because the standard lines have a bracket to fit to and these ones don't.

I'm sure a few people have said about this issue in the past.

I had this with them also.
Took it back to the garage that fitted them and they twisted the lines a different way and all was good.
It's because the standard lines have a bracket to fit to and these ones don't.

I'm sure a few people have said about this issue in the past.

Which way did they twist them??

Just seen HEL one's on K-tec

ktecp067.jpg

Take it these use the the standard brackets with them having the rubbers on the lines?

I have no idea sorry:-/
I'd go and take a pic for you but don't have the car with me today.
I never had the rubber things on my lines, shame cos they look like they'd sort the issue we have had.

Right thanks to a bit extra work and my old man we have sorted it! Just been for drive and it doesn't catch.

We copied the design them in the k-tec picture by putting rubbers on the lines and using the original bracket. Something i think goodridge should try in future!! The two tiny bracket's just don't cut it :whatever::whatever::whatever:

Still not happy as i shouldn't have too do this. Im disappointed , i've used this brand on every other car and no had single issues. Needles to say ill be emailing and ringing Goodridge and Demon Tweeks 2moz. They shouldn't be selling brake hoses that catch. Think everyone should go check there's just incase have same issue as i have. If i hadn't of noticed and it rubbed through the line.. could had a nasty crash

Last edited: