Broken Interior bits

molo

Paid Member
Doing some prodding around with the interior I noticed the covers on the outsides of the sunvisors on both sides were hanging loose. I pushed them back in and they both snapped into pieces, obvs brittle plastic. See pics. Has this happened to anyone else? Anyone have a workable possible replacement? I've seen sunvisors on ebay, with this clip on them, but they're generally a bit tatty and probably as brittle as the ones that broke in my car. Tempted to leave as is now, although it looks a bit naff.

Second question - I am looking to replace the passenger side inside door pull (cracked, see pics) - what's the best way to remove this? Do I have to remove the door card, or can it pop off in situ?

Thanks!

IMG_4501.jpg IMG_4500.jpgIMG_4502.jpg

No need to take the door trim off to get the interior handles off, they just pull off then you unplug the window switch.

Had the same issue with the sun visor trim, your best bet as you’ve found is to purchase another visor.

No need to take the door trim off to get the interior handles off, they just pull off then you unplug the window switch.

Cool, I pried off the handle this evening, glued the crack on the underside, will replace tomorrow, thanks!

Had the same issue with the sun visor trim, your best bet as you’ve found is to purchase another visor.
Thought as much. Need to see if I can get clean ones off eBay, or if RPD have any in stock for a (cough) reasonable price. I may just live with it for now.

I had the same prob with my passenger sun visor clip. It went loose and went to push it back in and it split into 3 pieces. Was thinking of glueing it back together then using rubberised glue fixing it to the visor arm but not to the roof lining. I dont sit in the passenger seat so dont use the visor.

Lol, mine shattered into many pieces, no chance of gluing. I’m gonna live with it for now, I suspect any 2nd hand visors off eBay will break real easy too, and new parts will likely be ££ that are better spent elsewhere. When you’re driving you don’t notice anyway.

thinking if only someone could produce some 3D printed reproductions!

Will keep my fingers crossed something pops up though

Renault only sell the full visors, as I suspect you already know.