Maintenance conundrum

So, here is my conundrum;

Car was serviced at a Ren main dealer in May 2010, I did an oil & filter in December 6,500 miles (plus 1 trackday) later. Since December I have only done another 2,000 miles (plus 1 trackday). The next service is only a minor one so am considering putting it off for a month or two and then taking it to a main dealer to keep up the service record.

What do we think?

Also does anyone know of a Ren dealer around Leeds who will do a basic service for less than £120, which is what Harratts want to charge?

TIA!

Thanks for that, looks promising. Only thing is that my parent's have a VAT registered garage where I would usually have all of my maintenance undertaken, but as the car has full Ren main dealer SH, I was planning on keeping it up, more for resale than anything else. Though in reality I suspect it makes no difference.

I am probably being a complete hypocrite even considering it, as aside from the perception of some purchasers I honestly think the only benefit of main dealer servicing is in the likelihood of getting a goodwill gesture once out of warranty. Mine is now so far out of warranty that I wouldn't get any goodwill anyway.

Thanks for that, looks promising. Only thing is that my parent's have a VAT registered garage where I would usually have all of my maintenance undertaken, but as the car has full Ren main dealer SH, I was planning on keeping it up, more for resale than anything else. Though in reality I suspect it makes no difference.

I am probably being a complete hypocrite even considering it, as aside from the perception of some purchasers I honestly think the only benefit of main dealer servicing is in the likelihood of getting a goodwill gesture once out of warranty. Mine is now so far out of warranty that I wouldn't get any goodwill anyway.
i have mine done by renault specalists now and potentual buyers would prob think you at least had it serviced by people who care about your car rather than the stealers lol

Probably true. I will most likely just take it down to my parents place and get the oil changed at the end of May, unless I get a TD booked in the meantime in which case I will leave it until after that.

I take my car to my families run garage everytime, i work at a different garage myself & still take it to my families one when i want to work on it or have work done, services (general filter/fluid changes) are minor operations that don't really matter what garage does them, especially if you have a reliable mechanic in your families garage.

Ifit's a notoriously tricky job i might consider renault...

Yes, I am totally the same, first trip to a Renault dealer on Friday to reset the a/c, otherwise it has all been done at my parents place. I was just contemplating a main dealer service for the sake of the history, but I doubt it is worth it given the value of the car.