200: LY without GT Spoiler

I've also been told (from a very good source), the GT spoiler CAN be fitted but you'll need to get the drill out.

The GT bootlid just comes pre-drilled but there's also some fiddling needed with the high-level brake light to retrofit.

This is what I have been told on numerous occasions.

I've also been told (from a very good source), the GT spoiler CAN be fitted but you'll need to get the drill out.

The GT bootlid just comes pre-drilled but there's also some fiddling needed with the high-level brake light to retrofit.

The boot lids are different, It's not just the holes.

010251181.png

Disgusting how this happens my theory is they forget to order the whole car. Did you get it early by any chance?

Now I'm very tempted to get myself a Polo GTi (Yes I know it's soft co*k) but to me it's around GBP$5k cheaper since I'm in New Zealand. It's almost a no brainer.
..... and more importantly, without the wait.

I ordered a Polo GTI, and then cancelled because of the wait. TBH, i wish id have stuck with the order, because now i miss my VWs and want another so my Gordini is up for sale.

I ordered a Polo GTI, and then cancelled because of the wait. TBH, i wish id have stuck with the order, because now i miss my VWs and want another so my Gordini is up for sale.

Oh hai, same boat here. October delivery FML.

Not a Polo though!

lol I can assure the GT spoiler cannot be retro fitted. I have one and have lost over 300 quid trying to get it fitted.

What Adam says is right, the tailgate on the GT factory cars has a space to fit the mounting bracket on the spoiler. It simply cannot be done unless you have the right tailgate. I have an email from RUK that confirms this.

Don't accept the car? Doesn't match what u ordered? Your legally entitled to. Just depends if you want to order a new one for a spoiler. Either way I'd be going mental at the dealer