Clio 200 - Lowered without spacers

Hi all

I'm just wondering if anyone has lowered their Clio 200 on 7.5J Speedlines without fitting spacers? I have purchased a set of Cooksport springs and am looking to lower my Clio, however I'm not a fan of spacers so want to avoid fitting these. I know they're a popular mod when people lower their Clios so I might be an anomaly here..

I've heard that it can look like the rear wheels are lost under the wheel arches if lowered without spacers although I've not seen many photos of this so am unable to judge this myself. Does anyone have any photos of Clios that have been lowered without spacers which they can share?

If it does look like the rear wheels are lost under the arches then I may go down the 8J Speedlines route that the Cup Racer Clios use.

Would appreciate your comments/thoughts on this.

Many thanks :smile:

Ranjan

I will try and find my pics, but it did look totally lost.

Also the difference between OEM wheels multispoke and speedlines (17x7.5J ET68) and Cup Racer Speedlines (17x8J ET68) is 6mm poking out more....it's not any better (especially for the price being nearly double from OEM speedlines).

If you want to avoid spacers and have it looking good, you can get:
* Autec Wizards (17x7.5 ET45, will poke 23mm more than OEM wheels)
* Calibre Suzuka (17x7.5J ET45, 23mm more poke)
* Oz Ultraleggera (17x8 ET52, 22.4mm more poke).
There is then stuff like Team Dynamics etc with different widths and offsets.

Thanks Suj, appreciate the response and the heads-up on the Cup Racer Speedlines. I thought being 8J wheels this would mean they poke out more unlike the 7.5J wheels so they would not look lost. Guess I must’ve been mistaken.

Sounds like the wheels will be lost but look forward to seeing the photos to see how lost!

Many thanks,
Ranjan

A pic of a 197 lowered 30mm without spacers, not the best but gives a better idea of how much they really need spacers on OEM wheels:

8C6C7860-1C72-4354-BCB2-1454EE274102.png

Reactions: ranjan15 and suj
Many people think they will be sitting further out, but they're the same offset ET68, just 0.5inch wider, which then means it only pokes out 0.25inch on each side (so that's why it's only 6mm).

0saBggp.jpg

Q4yloQl.jpg

This was on Eibach springs with standard new dampers. It was before I put 7.5J Speedlines, 21mm spacers and 225/45/17 tyres on

Last edited:
Reactions: ranjan15 and DS197
Thanks guys, really appreciate the photos and I agree, it does look a bit odd lowered without spacers. It looks like the only alternative is to go for different wheels. I know the Ultraleggeras are excellent quality, light, but unfortunately are a bit on the pricey side. Are the Autec Wizards and Calibre Suzukas highly regarded amongst Clio owners?

Also I assume all of those 7.5J wheels will fit the standard 215/45/17 tyres?

Cheers,
Ranjan

Autecs are used by many, on and off track. The Calibre's are newer, but many people are buying them, they are very cheap and I think they look great.

Yes you can run 215/45/17 OEM tyre sizes on them, they are both 7.5J, I run 225/45/17 on 7.5J Speedlines, many do this too (as prices / variety of tyres are better).

Reactions: ranjan15
Great, thanks for your reply. Don't suppose there's anyway that you can fit Renault centre caps to the Autec or Calibre wheels? Ideally I'd want it to look as OEM as possible, hence the reason why I was considering the Cup Racer Speedlines.

Cheers!

If they're the same size as OEM centre caps, then you should be able to just use them in Autec or Calibre wheels, unfortunately I don't own either so I cannot check, someone else on here might be able to help.

I will try and find my pics, but it did look totally lost.

Also the difference between OEM wheels multispoke and speedlines (17x7.5J ET68) and Cup Racer Speedlines (17x8J ET68) is 6mm poking out more....it's not any better (especially for the price being nearly double from OEM speedlines).

If you want to avoid spacers and have it looking good, you can get:
* Autec Wizards (17x7.5 ET45, will poke 23mm more than OEM wheels)
* Calibre Suzuka (17x7.5J ET45, 23mm more poke)
* Oz Ultraleggera (17x8 ET52, 22.4mm more poke).
There is then stuff like Team Dynamics etc with different widths and offsets.
OZ ultraleggeras are ET55

Thanks for the photos, PITA, and for the advice on the Wizards, Marsch. I’ll bear it in mind that they’re not produced anymore. Would you say they’re better quality wise than the Calibre wheels?

And Wizards are not produced anymore. So, if you want them get them now.
Any update on why? Are they concentrating on the new Autec wheel that looks similar (I think it was called the clubsport).