200: LY without GT Spoiler

Ordered a LY 200 with GT spoiler turn out to have no spoiler at all. :chair:
Dealer advised GT cannot be retrofit. Is that true?
Any other not so out there spoiler like the Cup available on the market?

Can someone here show me some LY 200 pics here without spoiler?

Really ANNOYED....!!

The dealers just gota do what ever they gota do to give you the car you ordered! IMO
Dont take no ****, lol

Now I'm very tempted to get myself a Polo GTi (Yes I know it's soft co*k) but to me it's around GBP$5k cheaper since I'm in New Zealand. It's almost a no brainer.
..... and more importantly, without the wait.

Last edited:
You can't retrofit the GT spoiler the design of the tailgate is physically different.

I have a redundant GT spoiler in my garage and have been through it already with the dealer and RUK.

Tell the dealer ur paying your is incorrect....... Grow sum huge balls n go bk to tge dealer and TELL them u havemt gt wjat you paid for and you want a full re-fund. Dnt take no ****.... the customer is always right!

from a dealer side, its a mistake thats been made. But it has to be rectified. If they cant get a spoiler fitted. Then get something that your happy with. Accessories are a good start and servicing would be worth raising as most dealership offer some sort of service packages. Dont back down, you will win.

My dad just got a new golf and they forgot to add the tyre pressure sensors, it was about £30 option, he had a good moan & theyve just fitted just under £1,000 worth of bits to the car for free.

You can't retrofit the GT spoiler the design of the tailgate is physically different.

I have a redundant GT spoiler in my garage and have been through it already with the dealer and RUK.

This.

The GT spoiler does not just 'bolt on'. There is a large indent in the top of the bootlid where a mounting bracket that the spoiler clips to fits.

I've also been told (from a very good source), the GT spoiler CAN be fitted but you'll need to get the drill out.

The GT bootlid just comes pre-drilled but there's also some fiddling needed with the high-level brake light to retrofit.