LY Racer Turbo 310bhp....but more to come soon

very good question.

my 200 box feels like it is falling apart from the inside with my F4Rt conversion. I am swapping to the megane box very soon!

Otherwise its pretty freakin awesome!

very good question.

my 200 box feels like it is falling apart from the inside with my F4Rt conversion. I am swapping to the megane box very soon!

Otherwise its pretty freakin awesome!

Smart move. Especially if you could combine it with a R26 box & LSD. :wink:

U still got standard clutch in yours fmp? Have to see about the gearbox. I don't ram it into gears hard or fast. I've always had a degree of mechanical sympathy, time will tell.

yeah, standard megane clutch. but i know that is wearing too.

i currently have a 225 box that i will fit a Quaife diff to, then run with single mass flywheel (as megane has duel) and an uprated clutch.

I have never broken a gearbox and am like you, careful and have mechanical sympathy. But i can feel the box getting 'looser' the more it gets used. The torque of my setup is wearing it out.

Which is a shame as i like the short ratios of the 200 box!

Is the megane clutch the same as the clio one? Would it fit in mine u think? K tecs uprated ones are crap lol! Its a tricky one for me as i would have to get a meg one to fit, then the ratios would be far to long! Have to see when the time comes, gonna try run standard box, clutch and flywheel for as long as i can. Hopefully will last the year!

Small update, deposit paid for forged engine and diff at the end of june, very excite!! :smiley: Looking at 350+ !! Then once its run in i think im gonna do a full day at silverstone as its my fav circuit! I cant wait!

Should also have my drilled grooved discs on and 2500's on as well not long after!

But before then im doing a day at croft on the 9th then FCS so some serious fun is going to be had! :smile:

Another boring update for you all :tongueout:

Did a trackday at croft yesterday with the ford RS owners bunch. Have to say the track is fookin awesome!! My new 888's performed amazing I was gob smacked!!! The car was well and truly hammered all day long then had the 4 hour drive home, and was faultless!!! There were some serious cars there including an 800bhp st with cosworth engine, epic weekend!! FCS can't come quick enough!!! :smile:

Did a trackday at croft yesterday with the ford RS owners bunch. Have to say the track is fookin awesome!! My new 888's performed amazing I was gob smacked!!! The car was well and truly hammered all day long then had the 4 hour drive home, and was faultless!!! There were some serious cars there including an 800bhp st with cosworth engine, epic weekend!! FCS can't come quick enough!!! :smile:

really getting me to do track time now lol

Good to see your cars holding up Mike. See SC is advertised now. You running the cams now?

Cheers buddy, I'm do chuffed with how it performs, I never let up for any of it! Hard all the time! Not yet dude they are back in at the end of the month when it's in to get forged.

Saw this other day mike at fcs I was skeptical before in thread and unsure but after seeing it... Wow!! Great job keep going!

Skeptical and unsure of what lol?! Cheers mate, glad u liked it, big boost soon! :wink:

I can vouch for the.awesomeness of this motor. Mike took me out on track after I had been out in mine and the difference was incredible. The power delivery was so linena. It pulled like a bloody jet train.

This is the way to go, its the way I'm going

I can vouch for the.awesomeness of this motor. Mike took me out on track after I had been out in mine and the difference was incredible. The power delivery was so linena. It pulled like a bloody jet train.

i'll take u out in mine and see if i can change your mind? :tongueout:

your a lucky man!i would love a blast of mikes motor.and jonesy