LY 200 one standard and now gone bee :(

haha through the powers of facebook I assume? :wink:

You can envy my bank balance!!! lol. Hoping to hit a real 200/205bhp :smile:

Well all is done and it has had new cams and matched inlets but only made 195bhp.... started at 185bhp and 130lb/ft of torque which is down a lot off of standard.

Andy has said there that he isn't happy with this at all and something isn't right with the car and might be down to fueling (It has always been run on super unleaded either shell or most of the time tesco momentum) so not the fuel I use.

So I will be back down there to get it sorted. Don't get me wrong it is very good and pulls really strong and smooth from 4.5k but I want it perfect. Won't post a graph as it's disapointing that the car isnt perfect. Not to fault K-tec at all as they have been brilliant and could of just left me with it as it is an improvement as such.

I'll post a video of how she sounds as the pops are a lot more frequent which is great!! :smile:

Thats unfortunate mate :worried: Sure it will get sorted! Cant believe it only had 130lb ft or torque standard thats so low!! My 182 just got dynod at tdf and made 155 torques!!

Good luck and I hope they sort it. I've bottled so many times work on my clio cause there are only a handful of cars on here that any work to date has proven to have any good outcomes.

I wish you all the luck with the cams because I had issues with them and would love to find out what was the problem with yours once you get it right. :thumbup:

Thats unfortunate mate :worried: Sure it will get sorted! Cant believe it only had 130lb ft or torque standard thats so low!! My 182 just got dynod at tdf and made 155 torques!!

I know :thumbdown: Makes me laugh as had a play against my mates 120D thats been mapped as had something like 350lb ft of torque and I can keep up with him up to the banning speed and it makes 213bhp!!! :bounce:

Good luck and I hope they sort it. I've bottled so many times work on my clio cause there are only a handful of cars on here that any work to date has proven to have any good outcomes.

Cheers :smile: A handful of cars seem to make really strong gain but once its sorted it will be worth it, I assure you :thumbup:

I wish you all the luck with the cams because I had issues with them and would love to find out what was the problem with yours once you get it right. :thumbup:

Thank. I will keep everyone updated. It's going back in around 2 weeks and see if anything comes up. There was a fueling error code but after being flashed it never came back so will see if its there in 2 weeks.

Maybe get it dyno'd somewhere else just to see what the reading is on another machine? What was it showing when you had the milltek done? and then again after the de-cat? did you know it was going to be low?

if the dyno reads low then fine but it only made 10bhp it should be making around 19bhp more and wouldn't say its K-tecs fault.

Car made 200bhp on AMD's rollers but there rollers are meant to be a little optimistic. Im not really interested in the end.figure is the gain Im interested in. its going back to be made perfect. that is what matters.

It still pulls strong and incredibly smooth so Im looking forward to it being sorted for good!!

Last edited:
Ooft! Thats not very good is it? When's the bee going back to get looked at?

Nope :thumbdown: The massive lack of torque is annoying. I did think something was up but thought it was in my head :jumpon: The car does pull well after 4k but I hope it gets better otherwise it's not worth doing!!

Least it is being sorted!! Just need to know what the problem is and hope its not costly!!

Going back on the 18th mate as thats my next week day off at work! :smile:

So an update...

... no idea on the power but I know the torque was very strong and I can even see that on the RS monitor as at almost any revs the torque is 3/4 of the way up the scale at least!!!! The car now pulls mentally!! and sitting at 70 in 6th and you come on the throttle it responds so so well its almost like your in a diesel!!! :wink:

I have no graph either I'm afraid but I am very very happy with the results and it will be down in Dorset again some time next year :wink:

I'll upload some pictures later on when I go on photobucket with the phone :smile:

Glad its all sorted.. what was the issue?

Fueling issue... car threw up the error fuel component failure but nothing is broke? :huh: But looking through the date Andy reckons it was the lamba throwing wild readings as if it had been upset... might be were I bottomed out badly on the drive a while ago ;/ but he has reset the system and made it so the ecu doesn't take as much notice of the lamba but its readings where fine today..

If it starts playing up I just need a new lamba sensor so not all bad. Just frustrating.. Damn sensors!! :thumbdown:

heres some general pictures of recent times :smile:

Dirty:
2011-11-09084555.jpg
2011-11-09084659.jpg
2011-11-09084713.jpg

Clean (new ariel :wink: )
2011-11-09101218.jpg
2011-11-09101227.jpg
2011-11-09112603.jpg

At k-tec:
2011-11-18094538.jpg
2011-11-18094623.jpg
2011-11-18115157.jpg
2011-11-18114519.jpg
2011-11-18120134.jpg

and look what happened after everything was reset and it done 15 miles on the dyno.... this was also moved outafterwards so went up slightly :rofl:
2011-11-18130354.jpg

The range was 105miles with just over half a tank of fuel :thumbup: lol

haha not really... its just a number as such, Main thing is the car runs properly and feels strong and the torque figure is good which is the important figure really :smile: I have emailed Andy and asked how much it did make power wise though lol.

haha not really... its just a number as such, Main thing is the car runs properly and feels strong and the torque figure is good which is the important figure really :smile: I have emailed Andy and asked how much it did make power wise though lol.

Your not wrong and often we all can get caught up in figures but often worth knowing I guess if you have any other mods planned. Also wouldn't you need it for insurance purposes?