Luke_197 Progress thread

Well without my 200 i am officially the worlds most bored person. But the good news is that the sc autos kit has arrived. Here's some pics

Also anyone know why tapa talk isn't working with this site ATM??
IMG_6892.JPG
IMG_6888.JPG
IMG_6885.JPG
IMG_6886.JPG
IMG_6887.JPG
Also met up with Stephen Venning last weekend, to see his epic build, he even let me have a drive on a private road to see what the uprated paddle clutch is like, tricky little clutch but quite cool how grabby it was. Went for a little passenger ride, couldn't exceed 3k rpm as it's not mapped yet, but certainly felt torquey and effortless to low down which is a cool. Hopefully will return to see it again when it's done as he's not far from me.
Didn't take any pics as we were to busy talking so I stole one from him.
IMG_6884.JPG

Attachments

• IMG_6884.JPG
    IMG_6884.JPG
    326.4 KB · Views: 19
Last edited:
Reactions: sevenfourate
So two tech have been cracking on some more with the conversion, with any luck they will have it done in the next few weeks. :smile: Here's what's been done including fixing some annoying niggles:
-Meg Rad fitted (require some trimming and spacing of the subframe)
-Meg Group N gearbox mount had to be modified slightly so we could fit it. Now the whole engine Now sits perfectly in the bay.
-My KTR quickshift selector was giving us an issue, it was hitting on of the Clio clutch pipes so meant I wouldn't be able to change gear properly, to resolve this they fitted an R26 clutch line which has given enough clearance for the selector arm to move. :smile:
-Intercooler mocked up ready for it to be mounted properly. Some pics below.
- All the wiring nearly completed.
IMG_6997.JPG
IMG_6993.JPG
IMG_6994.JPG
For some reason just love this pic below.
IMG_6968.JPG
So really all that needs doing:
-Intercooler kit completed
-Wiring completed
-Coolant system plumbed in,
-Fluids and oils
-Start up.
-Remap

Reactions: Sean197
not long to go now Luke..fingers crossed all goes well and you can soon drive your baby with the biggest smile the world has ever seen :french:

Reactions: sevenfourate
Finally the Clio has woken up, after building up some oil pressure, it started first time to which is good. All that's left to do now, is fit some sensors, and weld the link pipe to the exhaust. Nearly there now

My and Stephen are going to try our best to paint the engine when it back to tidy it up. Probably should have done it before the engine went in. [emoji6]
3a0e9c64a0b9736d3b7c4b9b443c8e0c.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Reactions: Sean197
Good stuff, bet you're itching to dive it now! Are you still running the Clio radiator? My temps are actually fine, even after driving it really hard. Really wished I'd painted/polished my engine too :worried: so I've bought an engine cover which i'll have painted to cover it :smile:

Reactions: Luke_197
Good stuff, bet you're itching to dive it now! Are you still running the Clio radiator? My temps are actually fine, even after driving it really hard. Really wished I'd painted/polished my engine too :worried: so I've bought an engine cover which i'll have painted to cover it :smile:

Too right, I think it's gonna be a few more weeks yet as I've asked them to do a week of testing for if anything goes wrong.
Yes am running a Meg rad, apparently on track days it can suffer? I've also heard the 197s don't overheat as much due to where the grill is placed? I may be wrong.
Haha it's such a pain, I would do the same but I love the look of the boost pipes! :wink:

bravo sir..chuffed you are up and running..how will you paint the engine now once its in??

Lots and lots of masking up the spray it PAv! [emoji23] going to remove a few bits, like throttle body, inlet, torque arm can cover etc. I'll Paint them off the car. :smile:

Saw your clio the other day mate, seems to be taking shape! I've got the blowing manifold! What make is your manifold that you had, as Terry said there was no problem when fitting it, which I hear the toyosports one do?

Saw your clio the other day mate, seems to be taking shape! I've got the blowing manifold! What make is your manifold that you had, as Terry said there was no problem when fitting it, which I hear the toyosports one do?

Hi Jake, yeah Terry phoned me and mentioned you where after one. Mine is a Ktec one, quality is fantastic, no flats spots after fitted even when it wasn't mapped and yes it doesn't knock on the subframe. I do recommend it but the price is steep. Alternatively you can get the toyosports and upgrade the engine mounts to stop there knocking. My friend is buying mine Ktec one off me otherwise I would offer you it.

Reactions: Yiannis197
Never had a single issue with my Toyo manifold regarding knocking. Not even when giving it beans in 1st gear.

You can either:

1/ Fit polybush engine mounts (Probably wise standard, or with any manifold to help reduce stress on it) to reduce movement
2/ Grind a tiny bit off the subframe to give extra clearance or
3/ I believe the engine will tilt on the engine mounts to give extra clearance too

I did 1 + 2 and its been perfect.

Reactions: Luke_197