Luke Herbert Racing Clio CUp 2013

Hi People,

I am new to clio197.net so thought I would introduce myself.

For the past 3 years I have been racing MX5's but for 2013 will be moving up to the Clio Cup Championship. I have been selected as a KX Akademy driver giving me backing from Tesco's KX Energy drink and BTCC driver Jason Plato as a Mentor.

I have just purchased a Clio 197 for the road and think its an excellent road car. I am soon going to put a rear cage in it to do some track days prior to the start of the season in March as we are not allowed to test the race car before the season. Can anybody suggest a good rear hoop/cage please?

It would also be great if I could get some twitter followers @LukeHerbert50

My website is www.lukeherbertracing.co.uk

Thanks,

Luke :-D

Hi there! Welcome to the site!

Congratulations on making into the Clio Cup Championship, you must be doing well to step up to that level.

Keep us updated on here as we all like a good read of a Race Review from someone involved. I'll get following on twitter.

All the best

Hey man,

Sounds like a promising career all the best for next season!

I'm also now following you on twitter! -HashTagWill :smile:

Welcome!!! :smile:

Excellent news about the Academy, best of luck with it!!! :thumbsup:

Good luck Luke, followed you on Twitter and Facebook.

We do carbon for cup race cars and R3's as well as replacement fiberglass bumpers, spoilers and diffusers so if you need anything we'd be happy to do you some special deals to help you on your way. Not everything is on our website so just PM if you have any questions :thumbsup:

Welcome!

Safety Devices 6 point bolt in cage will be available early 2013. Will be worth the wait!

Hi People,

I am new to clio197.net so thought I would introduce myself.

For the past 3 years I have been racing MX5's but for 2013 will be moving up to the Clio Cup Championship. I have been selected as a KX Akademy driver giving me backing from Tesco's KX Energy drink and BTCC driver Jason Plato as a Mentor.

I have just purchased a Clio 197 for the road and think its an excellent road car. I am soon going to put a rear cage in it to do some track days prior to the start of the season in March as we are not allowed to test the race car before the season. Can anybody suggest a good rear hoop/cage please?

It would also be great if I could get some twitter followers @LukeHerbert50

My website is www.lukeherbertracing.co.uk

Thanks,

Luke :-D

Are you sure you'll need a cage? I guess you won't be running slicks as the suspension setup is completely wrong for them so it's unlikely you'll roll the car and even then they're pretty strong cars.

There are some rear 'Oulton' cages that come up for sale now and then that were used in some training vehicles at Oulton afaik

Congrats on the move up the ladder too, but don't let Plato teach you too many of his winning 'tricks'. At least you can't complain about boost levels :wink:

I'll keep an eye out for you, sounds promising!

I may as well join in with the sales pitches. If you're looking for a website re-design, we do driver, team and general motorsport websites. We're currently re-designing our site and re-branding it.

You can find the new "GRIP." dev site here - www.abcdev.co.uk/grip

or the current site which has more info on here - www.abcdmotorsport.co.uk

:tongueout:roud:

Congrats on the move up the ladder too, but don't let Plato teach you too many of his winning 'tricks'. At least you can't complain about boost levels :wink:

Platos "winning" tips are ideal for Clios. haha. Can't get past? Shove them off the road. #winning

Are you sure you'll need a cage? I guess you won't be running slicks as the suspension setup is completely wrong for them so it's unlikely you'll roll the car and even then they're pretty strong cars.

There are some rear 'Oulton' cages that come up for sale now and then that were used in some training vehicles at Oulton afaik

New clio cup is turbo so who knows I'm sure they will :smile:

Welcome! Good luck with the racing
Be good if you could attend one of our club 'How Fast' events in 2013! Or maybe it wouldn't :smile:

:welcome: to the forum.

Best of luck in the coming season, will keep an eye out for you.

What team are you joining?

Been to a track day at Donington today and two cup drivers were there in their road clios, Phil Glew and Josh Files, getting practice in.

Good luck Luke, followed you on Twitter and Facebook.

We do carbon for cup race cars and R3's as well as replacement fiberglass bumpers, spoilers and diffusers so if you need anything we'd be happy to do you some special deals to help you on your way. Not everything is on our website so just PM if you have any questions :thumbsup:

If these are for the race cars, they can't use them.

Was speaking with 20/ten and he was talking about the cracked windscreen and it being a £600 part (heated)*, i told him i know of another company doing them for £250 but they can't use them, they have to come from R Sport and have the renault hologram sticker on them.

*They can buy a cheaper non heated screen at about £180 but the heaters are'nt great in the wet races.

Thanks for all the support people!!

Yeah really looking forward to the season and I am joining team Scuderia Vittoria.

Its really annoying that we have to pay high prices for parts because of the hologram sticker but I suppose it keeps all the cars looking the same.

What are the How Fast days? They sound fun.

Thanks for the Twitter follows btw :smile:

Luke

:welcome: to the site mate, following you on twitter now too. The How Fast events are a good laugh actually. You don't get a lot of track time but we ran a private club event last year and it was a great laugh as we knew everyone on track and we could all compete for fastest times. There'll definitely be another event (or two?) this year if you want to come along with the rest of us and show us how to pedal these things properly :smiley:

Similar Thread Suggestions