Locking button on door handle

Hi,

I have a 06 plate 197 with 40.5k on the clock. It's running fine, apart from one thing and that is the button on the door handle that you press to lock the car.

I replaced the button battery in my key fob a couple of months ago and it worked fine, and as time as gone on I can't lock the car using the button on the handle I can only lock it by using the key fob. :worried:

The black sensor behind the door handle still works fine, it's just the button on either side, passenger and drivers doesn't lock the car.

Has anyone else had this problem and if so how did they go about it?

Look forward to your feedback.

Chris :smile:

yeah I have this problem. Sent it in to Renault with driver side not working, got it back and they said it works perfectly fine, I tried it and it did lol so not sure what fixed it. However now my passenger side has stopped working :worried:

I had another problem with my keycard recently and basically my phone was interfering with it.

Phone in same pocket as keycard??

I had another problem with my keycard recently and basically my phone was interfering with it.

Phone in same pocket as keycard??

No my phone wasn't in the same pocket as my keycard mate as I know that can interfere with the signal. It doesn't work even when I haven't got my phone on me.

use car key more than door button!

I'm starting to use the key card more now to close it aswell mate. I can't be bothered to purchase new door handles and get them fitted by Renault as I don't have the money to at present.

It's a problem that isn't affecting the cars performance or general driving so it'll get done sometime just not at present. I aim to keep the car for a few more years anyway. lol.

I'm starting to use the key card more now to close it aswell mate. I can't be bothered to purchase new door handles and get them fitted by Renault as I don't have the money to at present.

It's a problem that isn't affecting the cars performance or general driving so it'll get done sometime just not at present. I aim to keep the car for a few more years anyway. lol.

sorry to hear that mate. Sure you will get it sorted, it not really that hard to replace the door handles. Think foxspeed did it himself :smile:

I have also had this problem and just started to use the key fob but the button did work now and again. It's currently working at the moment so I'm assuming it is just wearing out.