Central locking button on handle...

Hey,

My car is currently sitting in the dealers to have my drivers window fixed again...and have the central locking button on the drivers handle sorted out.

The problem is that button works when it feels like it, Renault just phoned to say they know whats wrong with the window and will be fixing that but they said they connected the car to their computer and there are no reported faults from it.

Pretty frustrating it seems the button has decided to work now that it is sitting on their forecourt, the guy I am dealing with said he cannot file for warranty work on the handle as the computer reports no faults so Renault will not allow for it. He said he changed the battery in the keyfob and it works fine which is rubbish because the battery was changed about 3 months ago and I have never had an issue locking from the passenger side.

Not sure how to tackle this one and my warranty is up in August :worried:

Anyone had similar issues?

its a known fault the buttons give up and go faulty - changed the complete handle on mine and changed just the button on a megane...

handles are about £70 ish without fitting not exactly cheap!

in fact the hands-free system on mine has been one of the costs of ownership as i have had to change the optical sensor as well :poke:

Is there any way I can get them to just replace the handle do yo think or is this guy right in that they cannot change parts without a reported fault?

Ive just had my passenger door handle changed under warranty due to not working. But it worked on the day i reported it?

Is there any way I can get them to just replace the handle do yo think or is this guy right in that they cannot change parts without a reported fault?

its an intermittant fault and can i suppose only get worse!

pressure them to resolve the issue ie fit a new handle

Pressure it is, will do my best later, just not sure how to argue with him over this spiel on needing a fault to be read for Renault warranty proof, argh!

No pressure needed :smile: the dealer just phoned me back to say they have been testing the button all day and still get no faults but said they are going to order me a brand new handle in and get that fitted. Decent result without having to do any complaining :smile:

No pressure needed :smile: the dealer just phoned me back to say they have been testing the button all day and still get no faults but said they are going to order me a brand new handle in and get that fitted. Decent result without having to do any complaining :smile:

result :clap: obviously been reading on here :w00t:

Haha, never thought of that, maybe that have...

If so, hello Matt @ Hursts LOL!

Maybe they just kept testing it and found the button didn't work even though their computer read no faults :smile:

Picking her up tomorrow.

Got to say I am a little suspicious, my car went in on Wednesday to get the window fixed and the drivers locking button on the handle fixed. The parts arrived on yesterday and i was due to get my cat back, they phoned and told me Renault had sent the wrong "wiring loom" and they had now ordered the right one and it would be here today and my car would be ready.

They have now told me today, they got the wrong part yet again and due to it being a weekend the car won't be ready until at least Monday!! WTF? I mean are they just stupid? Seems a little strange to me...