Drivers side door handle central locking button

It would appear that the central locking button on the drivers side door handle on my 200 has packed it in.

Anyone experienced this yet? Car has warranty until August so I will be making a booking with a local dealership some time soon.

Just wondered if anyone else has experienced this and if the fix is a big job for Renault? Covered by warranty I expect?

Thanks

Mine works when it wants usually stops working when it rains . I've just bought a handle off Karl for 55 quid to cure it

Hmmm, mine just seems to have died altogether...passenger sides is 100% no doubt as soon as it arrives at Renault it will start working again lol.

Just wondered if it was a common fault or not?

Either way I assume warranty covers it?

I have the same problem, but it seems to fix itself. I used to have some issues about half an year ago and doesn't seem to work brilliantly at the moment either. So I guess it's kind of a common fault.

It would appear that the central locking button on the drivers side door handle on my 200 has packed it in.

Mine has gone today as well! I had the door card off earlier just to have a wiggle around with the plug, but no luck. I think I'll get a new one fitted as it's looking a little shabby anyway.

Bloody thing started working again today...I bet it waits until the warranty is up before it fully dies!

Keep an eye on it, as far as I remember a certain amount of moisture can get in and damage the button and sensor so it may do it again in the rain.

Mine unlocks itself in the rain if the cards close by.

I've noticed it's more the really cold weather that affects than rain. They freeze as well. Its more the keycard proximity sensor thats a problem with the weather than the button though.

Last edited:
From my experience they are abit temperamental, best thing to do is to try and cover the sensor and button with some tape if your jetwashing your car.

Then simplist and cheapest fix for me was to do the above and change the batteries in the keycards and touch wood have worked fine since.

mine has stopped working today (clio 197 - 2007). Seems to be a common occurrance this last week. ive put it down to the cold weather.