Doors not locking using button on handle

Hi guys

You can only lock my car using the key fob or by using the boot lock button. My understanding is that the buttons on the door handles should lock the doors, any idea what the problem could be?

Cheers

Same thing happened to my passenger side door, took it in under warranty and they replaced the whole handle from memory, not 100% sure on this however.

They can have a mind of their own mine come and go but have always worked again.

Change the batteries, and try and pop some tape over the buttons and sensor when jetwashing.

My drivers door plays up every now and then as well, but as said by others it always sorts its self out in the end. Mine actually seems to have got better with time as well.....i mean when i got my 197 i actually thought that i could only lock my car from the passenger side and boot as the drivers lock never worked the first few times i tried to do it. I actually genuinely just thought that it was just anotjer a Renault design floor like you only being able to put your key in the passenger door. :oops: lol

They have never worked :worried: Thought it might have been to do with the boot switch not working but I have just replaced it and its still the same. Dont fancy replacing the handles!