Question about 197/200 doors - help required

Hi,

I've got a standard clio that i've recently fitted power folding mirrors too, they work fine but the reason for the post is the wiring loom i used had more connectors than the one i removed. All my stuff works so its not a problem but i wondered what the extras are for? What do 197 doors have in them that mine won't?

Cheers.

Keyless go is a good shout, would that be in the door though? Puddle lights would make sense.

I assumed the heated mirror wiring would be in the connector block that controls the movement?

Where are the puddle lights on the 197 then? I wonder if it's worth fitting them while i'm at it.

Keyless go is a good shout, would that be in the door though? Puddle lights would make sense.

I assumed the heated mirror wiring would be in the connector block that controls the movement?

Where are the puddle lights on the 197 then? I wonder if it's worth fitting them while i'm at it.

No idea tbh as i've not seen a loom and not entirely sure which section you are on about.
[MENTION=8494]smithandroper[/MENTION] may be able to help.

The heating element is a metal grid in the/behind the mirror glass themselves.
the puddle lights are at the bottom middle of the door cards right where the pocket ends.

there are 2 or 3 different looms afaik as someone I know had to have his door replaced and he had a manual look fitted rather then a keyless/auto mirror lights one and it's caused hassle with pretty much everything (alarm, lights keyless entry etc)

In the door wiring looms there is often spare plugs due to them using the looms on other models.
But as a rule there should be
Power windows
Central locking
Power mirrors
Hands free locking
Courtesy lights
Sometimes air bag sensors