Clio 197/200 dashboard trim question.

CJ197

Platinum Member
Hi guys, I've only had my clio 197 since February & the dashboard trim has been bugging me as the previous owner had scratched it quite deeply & tried to paint over it with a slightly different colour, which is noticeable.
The question I have is (might be silly but thought I'd check first) does the Clio RS200 trim fit the RS197 exactly?, I know there was a few changes between the models but I'm not sure if the lengths of the trims are exactly the same plus the trim I'm looking at has the "Renault sport" on it.
Thanks in advance.

Reactions: G8RSH and Beany
That's great to hear & all I needed to know before ordering the new ones, thanks for replying Beany

Reactions: Beany
That's great to hear & all I needed to know before ordering the new ones, thanks for replying Beany

Just paint your existing ones mate (but a proper job obviously!). Would be cheaper and you could have your choice of colours. I always think the strips that run the full width of the dash look great when colour matched to the exterior paint.

As far as I know the "Renault Sport" logo was never an OEM option so that would have been added after.

That's an idea but then again I'm not to good at painting if I'm quite honest lol.

A wrap could be the answer also then just buy a Renault sport sticker, I don't know if it would look shabby though

That's an idea but then again I'm not to good at painting if I'm quite honest lol.

All about the right prep and taking your time and letting it dry properly in between coats. It's pretty straight forward, there would be loads of vids on YouTube that would talk you through it too no doubt.

Reactions: CJ197
lol I use YouTube for just about everything else & it never crossed my mind to check there for tips lol, I might just give it a try, cheers ///M

Reactions: ///M
A wrap could be the answer also then just buy a Renault sport sticker, I don't know if it would look shabby though

I've got a renault sport sticker on my trim which I put there myself, I'll try and get a pic next time im in the car

I did my over my cooker ..took me half an hour including a prep/trimming etc...
Will look great...

Lol that's a way I'd never think of doing it but a good idea though. Hairdriers a plenty in my house also, the mrs might crack up but it's for a good cause.

Yeah YouTube is the place to go for everything these days, the vids I watched make it look fairly easy, was worried that I'd need a heat gun but some just use hairdriers so that saves on the extra expense.

Reactions: ///M
To be honest the trim isnt too expensive. I just sold a gloss grey 3 piece trim set through a Clio Facebook group for £20 posted as I got a a 200 Renault Sport one for the same cost. eBay often have lots too.

Reactions: CJ197 and ///M
Yeah I seen a set for £30 or offers on eBay & offered £20 but the guy said £25 would be the lowest he'd go posted & that's for the RS200 trim in gloss grey.