Living costs.What do you pay

Roy

clio197.net legend
When is this country going to stand up to these Gas & Electric company's ???.8.2% increase again this morning by SSE which means the rest to follow. It's going to put a lot more people in fuel poverty.Many people have had wages cut or no rises for years but there still allowed to do it.Looks like buying thermals now cause being stuck inside 24hrs a day
£130 a month for us and there's only 2 of us :worried:

Then you watch the news and the government allow a couple with 12 kids to be payed £52000 a year in benefits as they don't work.Ive worked all my life since I was 16 and what do I get £73.20 pi$$ed of to say the least

Living costs?! Mental. Eon bill has gone up to £119. Must fork out over half my wage on bills and rent. Then add fuel, leaves me with no where near enough to save for a deposit.

Its pathetic, they have you over a barrel, to add to my Gas and Elec going up so are my train fares in January, as been mentioned ive had no pay increase to cover these costs.

Just have to put two onsies on this winter!

Conservatives, conservatives, conservatives.

THEY ARE 100% to blame!

When all of Europe sold their energy industry off most governments kept a controlling stake to stop prices going through the roof like in the uk.

Guess who didn't do that and sold it all off............

We are now subsidising customers in europe by higher prices in the uk.

FACT!

:whatever:

Then you watch the news and the government allow a couple with 12 kids to be payed £52000 a year in benefits as they don't work.Ive worked all my life since I was 16 and what do I get £73.20 pi$$ed of to say the least
I think I saw this in the paper. Is this the couple who are having 2 houses merged at the taxpayers cost of £6000 because he feels "He can have as many children as he likes"?

@Tickle - My brother is in the same boat as you, he pays through the nose for his monthly train fair to London for work and it's now becoming more and more uneconomical to the point where driving will be cheaper as of January which is a joke. "Use public transport, it's better for the environment but lets us charge you twice as much as driving".

Last edited:
Its always been high for us, think we pay something like £1,400 a year just for electric but that's with four adults in the house.

Only way forward is if everyone moved to solar power but that has a high upfront cost, watching them american build programs they seem to get way more help with the initial setup costs from the local authority's than we do.

Last edited:
Know how your feel Roy.

I see peoples who don't bother to work, get pay by benefits but some are nothing wrong with them and been fake! That pi** me off

Last edited:
Why do you think I bought a Clio.197 jumper? Saves me putting on the gas heating for a few extra weeks :wink:

We are on a 5 year fixed rate that is up next year. Not looking forward to coming off it.

We pay £55 elecy and £70 gas a month. Just put a new boiler in this week so hoping it will off set the increase the price rise as it's 90.2% efficient. I doubt the old one was 50% lol

We have foam filled walls and loft insulation with flooring on top. Not much more I can do after that.

Seriously, you need to listen to this....

If you think you are in a bad way, then listen to this....skip to 20 minutes 40 seconds into this program...it really is heart breaking, and devastatingly distressing.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b03c4kxz

Well done to Jeremy Vine for putting this woman on, it really is heart breaking.