Living costs.What do you pay

Seriously, you need to listen to this....

If you think you are in a bad way, then listen to this....skip to 20 minutes 40 seconds into this program...it really is heart breaking, and devastatingly distressing.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b03c4kxz

Well done to Jeremy Vine for putting this woman on, it really is heart breaking.

i heard this mate and was very hard to listen too. This is why I try not to moan about anything (health, money and so on)

me and the other half were paying £68 a month for electric (no gas) but got £281 back last month so dropped it to £52 a couple of days ago. All though our other out goings are rather scary :worried:

i heard this mate and was very hard to listen too. This is why I try not to moan about anything (health, money and so on)

me and the other half were paying £68 a month for electric (no gas) but got £281 back last month so dropped it to £52 a couple of days ago. All though our other out goings are rather scary :worried:

I hear people moaning about money all the time, and I think to myself "you have got far far more than some people....quit moaning"

Mortgage is 450 a month, gas n leccie is usually around 160ish for 3 months, then have council tax 105 a month, TV licence every 3 months, internet 25 a month, and then my food on top of that averages out at 60 a week And then car to pay for and keep running. Which in turn leaves me with diddly squat at end of month, now living on my own thanks to my now ex missus, cheeerrrrssssss

Seriously, you need to listen to this....

If you think you are in a bad way, then listen to this....skip to 20 minutes 40 seconds into this program...it really is heart breaking, and devastatingly distressing.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b03c4kxz

Well done to Jeremy Vine for putting this woman on, it really is heart breaking.

and the government will do and not care about this......

and if we are on about costs there is nothing for "single people" all the help goes to those that choose to have children and married couples.....

I hear people moaning about money all the time, and I think to myself "you have got far far more than some people....quit moaning"

I hear what you say but in this country we shouldn't really have these sort of issues....its getting like a third world country...we can find £400million
to send to a country that doesn't tax its millionaires!!!! truly shocking attitude from the "government" of this once one fine country!

When I was living with my girlfriend, we were with EON and getting charged a fortune for dual fuel. Girlfriend shopped around and came up with "Utility Warehouse".. We only had an appartment but the bills were close to half the price of EON. Definitly worth a look.

We pay £60 a month elec and around £20 water with no gas as we're in a flat, was happy with that until British Gash changed it

We pay £60 a month elec and around £20 water with no gas as we're in a flat, was happy with that until British Gash changed it

I moved into my Mrs' place recently which is a flat.. she had a top up meter which suprisingly isn't that expensive. I think we spent £60 last month for electric (no gas). Water £25, internet+virgin media £35, council tax £105... Our most expensive outgoing bar the mortgage on her place is good, easily £60-70 a week..

I moved into my Mrs' place recently which is a flat.. she had a top up meter which suprisingly isn't that expensive. I think we spent £60 last month for electric (no gas). Water £25, internet+virgin media £35, council tax £105... Our most expensive outgoing bar the mortgage on her place is good, easily £60-70 a week..

Yeah ours is pretty similar mate. Not too expensive so going to hold off moving into a house for now haha. Only thing is I miss having a garage :worried:

About £90 a month for gas/elec, £170 for council tax (band d is annoying!) £23 for water, £40 for sky, £40 for phone and internet, £12 TV licence plus mortgage, food, cars etc.

+ 8/10% increase on fuel bills is going to put a lot of people on the edge?Its disgusting when they get billions in profits

+ 8/10% increase on fuel bills is going to put a lot of people on the edge?Its disgusting when they get billions in profits

don't forget the governments 5% vat on the bills a tax that was designed for items that were a luxury in effect so what does that say about the bills....and IF they the government were serious about saving us some £££ they would removed this tax but they don't as when the bills go up the exchequer get an even bigger slice of tax.....bunch of :whatever:

don't forget the governments 5% vat on the bills a tax that was designed for items that were a luxury in effect so what does that say about the bills....and IF they the government were serious about saving us some £££ they would removed this tax but they don't as when the bills go up the exchequer get an even bigger slice of tax.....bunch of :whatever:

So so true Si.See they want to now fix the M O T price that means we will be paying more again

So so true Si.See they want to now fix the M O T price that means we will be paying more again
Isn't the MOT price fix just a cap so they can't change you more than that amount? I only pay £25 for mine so don't fancy paying over double !

Isn't the MOT price fix just a cap so they can't change you more than that amount? I only pay £25 for mine so don't fancy paying over double !

Yes mate same here I don't want to pay double either :worried: