Limited Edition? I think not.

What are you getting at with this? Of course they are limited editions (well, most were, not the CUP though) as they only made a limited number of each of those models. Surely by definition that makes is a limited edition?

The CUP is the only one on that list that wasn't a limited edition. The reason there are less CUP's than R27's & Trophies is because nobody wanted to buy them in the first place, not because there were a limited number made.

R27 was always going to be popular considering how much you to spend extra to get the kit they gave you.

But there's something unique about most the models too, obviously R27s the decals and chassis, the cup the same chassis and the trophy is in a league to itself obviously.

Then Renault got boring and started plastering 'limited edition' on anything with a pony badge or slight colour difference :tongueout: ( gordini, silverstone, raider ) no hate though lol!

The reason there are less CUP's than R27's & Trophies is because nobody wanted to buy them in the first place, not because there were a limited number made.

I wanted to buy one :001_tt1:

I had to wait and buy second hand though, but glad someone bought mine new in the first place.

Then Renault got boring and started plastering 'limited edition' on anything with a pony badge or slight colour difference :tongueout: ( gordini, silverstone, raider ) no hate though lol!

I wouldn't really call the raider a slight colour change! Makes the R27 look like a bit of a pap limited run in comparison. Totally unique paint work, leather seats, different wheels. Take the roof sticker of an r27 and you have a well spec'd 197. Good luck with the paint in 3-4 years time after the warranty but hey!

As with all these limited runs they are value for money above all else. On a pcp deal my Silverstone is worth 2k more on the GFV over a FF so smaller monthly payments. Not to mention the car is close to £22k with all the options, unless you were stupid enough to pay the asking price they could be picked up for £17k new.

think renault was really brave with the raider paintwork seeing that i think bmw charges £3k+ for matt-paint

out of them all i think the raider is the better of the "limited edition" cars from them :cloud9:

I wouldn't really call the raider a slight colour change! Makes the R27 look like a bit of a pap limited run in comparison. Totally unique paint work, leather seats, different wheels. Take the roof sticker of an r27 and you have a well spec'd 197. Good luck with the paint in 3-4 years time after the warranty but hey!

As with all these limited runs they are value for money above all else. On a pcp deal my Silverstone is worth 2k more on the GFV over a FF so smaller monthly payments. Not to mention the car is close to £22k with all the options, unless you were stupid enough to pay the asking price they could be picked up for £17k new.

I agree. They should call the "Better value for money editions". :tongue_smilie: