Lewis's RB Clio 197

I suppose if you count the exhaust too then i've removed weight there with my KTEC one :wink: Yeah i still need to get the isofix bar out to be honest. Maybe, just maybe one day i might get some nice fixed buckets if i have no rear seats as i've heard recaros are quite heavy but i love them too much at the moment. They don't get uncomfortable on long journeys and they're so hugging. I just don't need the recliner ability tbh.

I would like to remove some bits of weight here and there but as i said it is a daily after all and i don't want it to become too uncomofortable or noisy haha.

When you say gutted the acoustic valve, how have you done that? did it increase induction noise at all?

Exactly, these cars are still built to a budget and with things like exhausts mild steel is cheaper and doesnt reverberate like stainless meaning its quieter. Its often heavier due to thicker gauge too.

So, I have removed all of the vacuum hosing and blanked them all with 4mm silicone blanks. Removed the solenoid from the bracket and hid it in the airbox (kept it plugged in otherwise it will trigger an emissions light) and ditched the bracket. literally gutted the valve as in took out the flap and cut off the exterior motor so it looks like an intake trumpet. Due to the hole you are left with I wrapped it in black electrical tape. It does increase induction sound a little when flooring it which is perfect and saved half a KG. Ill get some photos.

literally gutted the valve as in took out the flap and cut off the exterior motor so it looks like an intake trumpet. Due to the hole you are left with I wrapped it in black electrical tape. It does increase induction sound a little when flooring it which is perfect and saved half a KG. Ill get some photos.

I wouldn't mind possibly doing the same and adding some hose for an extra cold air feed or something? Every little helps I guess.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A5010 using Tapatalk

20180823_172338.jpg
20180823_172401.jpg
20180823_172438.jpg
20180823_172420.jpg
Yes to the hose, due to having xenons I haven't got the space behind for a hose but you could almost get rid of the acoustic valve/trumpet and attach a hose straight to the rubber intake.

It has been a semi-productive today

Didn't do half of what I wanted to do just because I kinda couldn't be bothered after cleaning the car.

But yeah [emoji23]

Cars clean and I also plasti-dipped my badges black.

Looks so much better! So happy with it

I've got a couple more things to do as I've just taken delivery of an Ultra racing rear brace which I wanna get painted before that goes in, and some side spats where I just need to man up and get the drill out affe5fb90e8f97abfe5e3e19095c57af.jpg4506cf80741c9c9466c15b53656e5662.jpg

Reactions: Sean197
looks good mate..how much is the Ultra racing rear brace??where from?
Cheers [emoji846] I got it off of a forum member the other day mate! I believe they're about £120 new. I think people have mentioned they don't do much but they look cool haha!

It'll sit somewhere like this I think, ignore the jumpers and the wrap* jumpers are always there just incase and the wrap came with the brace. 80d3462e0d6989156f981e316158ece0.jpg

Reactions: Beany
thanks..i have one mine but just wanted to know how much they are still going for..:thumb:

and yeah..dont feel much difference after fitting it...

Reactions: lewishunter98
Small update.

Decided to take my bullets off and spray them black. Picked up some RB touch up paint and painted over the RenaultSport writing.

Super happy with how it came out045856de67e3222f55c0979dfb798ded.jpg

Reactions: Sean197 and Beany
Good effort
Thanks mate [emoji6] proper happy with how they turned out! In the process of buying some suspension parts to give some bits a refresh

Currently have some Meyle HD drop links as I've heard they're good

Looking for:

- Anti rotation links

- Top mounts

- New shocks

Only thing is I don't know what anti rotation links to go for. Wondering if there's any better than OEM but not expensive [emoji23] anyone know of any?

Thanks mate [emoji6] proper happy with how they turned out! In the process of buying some suspension parts to give some bits a refresh

Currently have some Meyle HD drop links as I've heard they're good

Looking for:

- Anti rotation links

- Top mounts

- New shocks

Only thing is I don't know what anti rotation links to go for. Wondering if there's any better than OEM but not expensive [emoji23] anyone know of any?

I couldn’t find any upgraded arl’s so ended up with cheap ones from eBay! I did get the Meyle HD drop links though

If your unsure of what you need message kam racing on facebook, Kevin is quick to answer any questions you have

Just as a quick update i guess..

I have slowly been collecting parts, awaiting some through the post at the moment to completely refresh the front end of the car.

Have new drop links and AR links, took delivery of a stud conversion the other day, braided brake lines on the way, Track rod ends, new spacers for the rear.

Just need to order new shocks and top mounts and then it all needs to go on! Going to pick up new hardware too just incase for when it all goes on.

Can anyone recommend some brake fluid for when i fit the braided hoses? Car isn't tracked or anything. Yet. :thumb: I feel like i keep buying parts that slowly turn it into less of a daily driver though hahaaa.

Once this is done, Gearbox is next.

Just as a quick update i guess..

I have slowly been collecting parts, awaiting some through the post at the moment to completely refresh the front end of the car.

Have new drop links and AR links, took delivery of a stud conversion the other day, braided brake lines on the way, Track rod ends, new spacers for the rear.

Just need to order new shocks and top mounts and then it all needs to go on! Going to pick up new hardware too just incase for when it all goes on.

Can anyone recommend some brake fluid for when i fit the braided hoses? Car isn't tracked or anything. Yet. :thumb: I feel like i keep buying parts that slowly turn it into less of a daily driver though hahaaa.

Once this is done, Gearbox is next.

Motul RBF 600 or 660 come highly recommended for these cars :smile:

Motul RBF 600 or 660 come highly recommended for these cars :smile:
Nice one mate thanks

Once again I find myself looking at other parts, that aren't necessary or even important at the moment such as predator manifolds. [emoji102][emoji51]

Need to hold off until I get the important bits done first

These clios are money pits [emoji23]