Lewis's RB Clio 197

Not much has happened recently. Got some parts ready to go on come pay day, (B14'S, tie rods, track rod ends, rack bush etc.) Should feel like a new car I hope.

But was a bit bored today so decided to dewiper the Clio. Looks so much more clean! Well happy with it acd6acf67f7c199ae219a0f13f164a68.jpg82170a648456ce5ced3ef188e4c10c15.jpgf6c2a9ae107b0fe61eed01f1e856ab69.jpg

Sent from my ONEPLUS A5010 using Tapatalk

Got the car back today from it going in the garage yesterday

List of parts changed:

- B14'S
- Steering Rack bush
- Inner tie rods
- track rod ends (cup racer ones I found for a steal)
- Powerflex bushes that were pressed into spare control arms

Went for an alignment at the alignment centre as well.

IMG]http://i66.tinypic.com/zml5eb.jpg[/IMG

Mechanic had a couple issues when swapping everything over hence why I picked it up today! Both pinch bolts on the hubs snapped, as did the OSF shock when taking the nut off. Spring flew off and nearly caught him in the face!

Car feels absolutely transformed now though and sits a little better at the back. Really firm but so planted in the corners (tested on my private racetrack)

As you can tell the alignment was savagely out after all the changes haahaa!c82c2a68e00e599b30b092c22705a739.jpg

Well we’re always doing plenty so tag along one time
Yeah I really want to mate,

Just wanted all these issues ironing out before going round

Just been out in it now and it still took me by surprise when I first hit a bump [emoji23] The powerflex bushes are definitely noticeable!

Reactions: Beany and Big Ben
Hahaha! I'm listening don't worry^ [emoji41]

Also managed a good deal on a 200 diffuser today! Things are happening way quicker with this car than I ever intended.

Not the best picture but was limited to daylight and you can't not take photos when a mod is done 693c0c670ee77b4a7e245683a80b4b71.jpg

Sad point but that reg is very similar to my old twingo (ma08 uyz)

It’s looking good and rather clean.... I’m jealous
Haha no way! That's pretty cool. When I had my C2 which was YS56 XZD, someone else got one the same spec as mine that was like YS56 XZA or something along the lines and I couldn't believe how close they were!

Thanks man [emoji4] but it's far from being actually clean at the moment, hasn't been washed in about a month :worried:

Reactions: Beany
Had a ktec decat pipe fitted today, as well as a noise sorted from the rear since having the B14'S fitted! So I went for a drive, despite the weather being awful it's the most fun I've had in the car for months. Got some pics and it's really dirty now. Hasn't been washed since before hot hatch Sunday so it's a fair while!

Oh and the decat sounds so good! Seems to rev a little more freely now, and it feels like it pulls a lot harder above 5k (might just be in my head?) 42cb4a4310b466cadfcda0caf1d23eee.jpgdb5af7b0d1ecdd3d5fec31a4cb77eb94.jpg

Cars looking lovely! Are you local to Goodwood? I’m only 10 minutes from Goodwood would be good to get a local mini meet together there one weekend when the weather improves

Reactions: lewishunter98
Cars looking lovely! Are you local to Goodwood? I’m only 10 minutes from Goodwood would be good to get a local mini meet together there one weekend when the weather improves
Thanks mate! Yeah kinda! I'm based in Hythe/Southampton. Takes about an hour to get there. Was just down that way last weekend to swap diffusers with someone actually.

But yeah! There's loads of us in the area mate, have a group chat of about 10 of us based in the Southampton/new forest area on Facebook [emoji846]

Reactions: Rallye-nick
Gave the car a much needed clean and coat of fusso yesterday and went for a bit of a drive

Took my front spacers off recently as the car still feel like it's pulling side to side over cambered roads and under braking but it feels as if it's still there! More so at high speeds, yesterday it felt as if the front just wasn't connected with the wheel when I went over a rough patch in the road at 70/80 ish? I'm at a loss as to what it could be. Going to get my alignment checked before anything but it just doesn't feel right. Anyway. Pics.

If anyone knows what my issue might be please drop your suggestions [emoji23] I can't seem to find any play anywhere 089f572eb492392d332d2d68cd3fd07f.jpg4cde30aafd34019d4681cc7e8e3add40.jpg601190e854214072327a6cd306095b13.jpg