Lewis's RB Clio 197

Discussion in 'Projects/Progress Threads' started by lewishunter98, Aug 17, 2018.

1. lewishunter98

lewishunter98 Paid Member

Car:
    Racing Blue Clio 197
    Car is booked in for this saturday morning to have it's alignment tweaked as it isn't quite right and obviously as i've said previously it is still pulling/wandering slightly, and there seems to be a very faint knock over bumps at slow speeds as of this morning (Doing my head in at the moment this car). I'm also booking it in to ktec for a health check but as my next service interval is coming up in a little over 1k anyway, i'm going to try book it in for a service to get the health check done. (Supposed to be saving for a holiday but the car always gets in the way haha)

2. skny

skny

Car:
    Clio R27 Nimbus #1347
    I had similar behavior when my lower balljoint was on its way or close to falling apart, raised the car on a jack just to check and could literally move the wheel back and forth like 1 mm loose easy, once that was done all gone back to normal, if you had the lower ones done only ask them to check the upper one

3. lewishunter98

Car:
    Racing Blue Clio 197
    Yeah mate! I think it might be ball joint related. Annoying seeing as though they were changed end of June. I'll find out tomorrow morning though!

Sent from my ONEPLUS A5010 using Tapatalk

4. Pav

Pav Moderator

Car:
    albi blue 197 with boost
    fingers crossed its not too costly..

lewishunter98 likes this.
  5. lewishunter98

Car:
    Racing Blue Clio 197
    Well I've literally just got back.

So my Bilstein coilovers with "4/5k" on them have a bit of play in the shaft. As do the top mounts with the same mileage on. So that's great. And ktec reckon that's my issue

Apart from that the cars mostly okay. I do have a suspicion my squib is damaged though after all the work which I'm not happy about. Driveshaft needs doing I think? And a misting of oil around the vvt switch which ktec have told me is normal?

Good news though, this Monday I'll be getting a work vehicle which means the Clio will Essentially purely be a toy. So I'll have plenty of time to get stuff sorted, waiting on ktec to get back to me about some adjustable top mounts and I'll send my front shocks off for a rebuild.

But yeah! More money to spend on the Clio! 9b69bbb195501da4512e73ce51feda08.jpg

Sean197, Addison and Big Ben like this.
  6. Big Ben

Big Ben Winner - POTM February 2018 Paid Member

Car:
    Bit harsh the bilsteins failing like that mate! You was at a loss to what was wrong with it so hopefully this should cure it.
    Once it’s fixed you’ll not look back.
    It’s only money...!

7. lewishunter98

Car:
    Racing Blue Clio 197
    Yeah, right! You'd have thought for such a reputable brand to have better quality products than this. Maybe I'm just unlucky? Would be the case wouldn't it

I hope so, I was just saying to a mate how I'll be saving so much money on fuel now and if I need to do stuff with the car I'll have much more time to do so which also means i can start learning way more with working on cars now

Big Ben likes this.
  8. Pav

Pav Moderator

Car:
    albi blue 197 with boost
    shame that..as above its only money :chris2::chris2:

Addison and lewishunter98 like this.
  9. lewishunter98

Car:
    Racing Blue Clio 197
    Only Luckily I have just got my van from work now though so plenty money will be saved for parts etc.

I'm going to miss driving it everyday but it's also kind of a relief.

Looking at solid/adjustable top mounts at the moment

10. Pav

Pav Moderator

Car:
    albi blue 197 with boost
    you will be reunited soon..the sweeter the reward is..:thumb:

11. lewishunter98

Car:
    Racing Blue Clio 197
    Yep. Just taken it out today for the first time since Saturday, although not that long ago. After getting used to the work Van so quickly I was so shocked at how short the clios gearbox is, super tight, nice responsive steering and the rest. Actually love it. Even with its little problems I can't get over how good it drives