L33th3tr33's Ultra red 197

look at all that room in there..wish my engine bay had some room for improvements...
looks very red..think black and silver will do the trick..:thumb:

Yeah it was amazing to work on, until I got T boned by an old woman and it got wrote off.... only 4 months after I built it!!!

Wonder if they make mounts for the 200t - I really want the keyring....

Go to any car show, they give them away! Always yellow and purple though!

Wish i'd have known.....Ended up getting 3 with my Powerflex stuff. I gave them all away though.

Been out for a drive yet @l33th3tr33 with the Powerflex in ?

Yep, just pulled over after a 15 minute drive and somehow the crunching 3rd that has appeared has gotten a lot better, and that's only with the torque mount bush!? Hopefully the dogbone mount and a box oil change will make it even better. Although I have a gearbox in the post, I've been through 3 on my 172 so I want to be prepared just in case it goes! Shows how much faith I have in the clios, eh? [emoji23]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Reactions: Chris
And you're still driving them - dedication!

Since the clio/s ive had an mx5, mk3 vento, b6 a4, 2x e46's and an e36 vert. Not one was either quick or fun to drive. It's been a boring 2 years of driving until now! Think this ones a keeper, well hopefully!

Well a few more packages arrived today, so a bit to keep me busy this weekend. I got the b pillar seals as mine are beyond shot, some led's for the interior lights as mine had none in apparently, didn't even notice! Also a richbrook gear knob as the leather was peeling all over on the standard one, which I never liked the feel of. All to fit this weekend except for the gearknob which I went out and fitted. Had to twist the plastic locating sleeve off for the standard knob but that was easy.
Looks a million times better imo!

201b2650a186e051585c9e87e6fdfa69.jpg

Today's job...... replacing the mangled old b pillar seals. What a pig of a job!! Removing and refitting was easy, it was scraping all the old foam and glue off that was a nightmare!
Anyway it's all done now.

11e52c59327305b25a83bee9d701f433.jpg
6c532dd9cb6929c8f7bd7e07efa4bf61.jpg

As you can see I need to replace the door vinyl which will be done as soon as I figure out what I want to use.

I also had the glovebox and centre console out to see what was stopping my number 2 fan from working and it was the typical melted plug and burnt pin on the resistor, so I'll get one ordered up.

While I was there I got my rca cable and remote lead routed properly for when I fit my amp to run my front and rear speakers which I've fitted. The Cabasse speakers are quite impressive but they're just not up to my standards.

Pic of my iPhone lead (even though I have Bluetooth) nice and hidden away.

367133843d530dad2f9182e9b5a43df1.jpg

Also, I found a tracker that was half wired in, which would explain the remotes I found in the glovebox, something to do with a finance company and you get a code when you pay that months bill and another when you pay the next. Don't pay, no code, car won't run.
So that crap got ripped out and binned asap!

Fitted the pudsy bear as well, which was part of my first and second clio, so seemed fitting to put it on!

e15490fd721fa519e9ce16439b5d539a.jpg

More updates to come when I get the rest of my packages. I ordered some more bits last night too so plenty to keep me busy!

Attachments

• 11e52c59327305b25a83bee9d701f433.jpg
    11e52c59327305b25a83bee9d701f433.jpg
    739.1 KB · Views: 20
  • 6c532dd9cb6929c8f7bd7e07efa4bf61.jpg
    6c532dd9cb6929c8f7bd7e07efa4bf61.jpg
    735.1 KB · Views: 20
Another who's spent a few hours fitting the dreaded new door seals.....

Just 'checked' mine a while ago (Fitted yesterday) and got a credit card in behind them again to force the sticky side out onto the glass. Looking good so far and al stuck everywhere. Yes....its a pig of a job to do well.

What you thinking of doing the B-pillars in ?

Love the bear touch!

Popular little mod lately doing them seals!

I've noticed that too, it's the small details that often go overlooked.
I've had him for about 5 years now, I hope he's not my bad luck charm with clios!
Another who's spent a few hours fitting the dreaded new door seals.....

Just 'checked' mine a while ago (Fitted yesterday) and got a credit card in behind them again to force the sticky side out onto the glass. Looking good so far and al stuck everywhere. Yes....its a pig of a job to do well.

What you thinking of doing the B-pillars in ?

Well luckily mine only took about 40 mins in total, I had to use a flathead screwdriver to scrape the glue off, worked well but slow.

Well I'm torn between platidipping over the existing ones, buying genuine, eBay specials or possibly leaving them off. I haven't seen a pic with them off though so don't know if that's a wise move, it could look really weird.

Reactions: sevenfourate