Kwik fit damaged my alloy!

So I thought I would give them a go, you pay for a service whats the worst that could happen, new tyres right!!!! NO!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I am so miffed at the moment it is unreal. I picked the car up after work after ordering two new contis for the rears. I get to the car and they have totally scratched the front alloy and knicked the tyre as well.

Anyone have any suggestions!

I am so unhappy, never use Kwik Fit.

Mark

Attachments

• IMG_0086.jpg
    IMG_0086.jpg
    92.8 KB · Views: 169
  • IMG_0084.jpg
    IMG_0084.jpg
    91.9 KB · Views: 130
I hope you pointed out the damage to them?!?!?!?!?!

They will have to pay for the wheels to be refurbed I'm sure!!

What Mike said. They will have to pay for refurbishment of the damaged alloys. I'd never use quick fit, even of they were the last garage on earth.

Shockingly bad, hopefully you mentioned it to them on pickup so they can't deny responsibility.

Still definitely they should pay to have it refurbed.

....how can they dare to hand a car back like that....that looks to me like kurb damage, how else could you explain the pinched tyre.....like its been bumped up the kurb....do you think they could've taken it out for a spin? Did you leave the car with them? Did you raise it at the shop before taking it home?....

so basically I dropped the car off this morning at 9 30. They said the tyres were still not in and I could leave it there and pick it up on my way home.

So as the man said, I left it there!

Had to then pick it up out of hours (work in London) picked it up at 7 30, shop closed, checked all wheels and tyres and then found the wheel the way it is!

Going to go back first thing in the am!

Keep reading stories on google that Kwik Fit always deny responsibility.

Whaa!

I had a wheel damaged from nationwide

I got £50 knocked off the price straight away towards a refurb

I later got quotes for £60 a wheel. The refurb shop say 2 wheels need doing and after a fight nationwide have agreed to give me £120 for both wheels to be done.

Shod never take the car away or pay for the threw before checking the car over.

Unbelievable, I dropped the car off this morning and the manager was not there. His colleague said to me that "oh we moved the rear to the front as it was in better condition, we always do this".

Why would they when all I asked was change the back. Upon further inspection the hole for the nuts is completely f$$ked. I then checked the other wheel and the nut holes on this were F22ked also!

The guy said he would get his manager to call me.

SO - Manager calls and denies all responsibility - we changed your back ones and did not touch the front!!!! Completely lying to my face when his colleague had told me otherwise. Thus we then argued for more than ten minutes and he said that is it and it is not our responsibility!

I get the regional managers number and call him - Very nice person and understanding. After talking through it he offered me 60 quid a wheel to get them refurbed. He will look at the tyre and decide on such.

If they called me yesterday and said we screwed up sorry and we will fix it, of course I would be annoyed but happy they were to fix it, but to blatantly move the wheels hoping I would not see it is unreal.

PLEASE GUYS DO NOT USE KWIK FIT.

Hope the above helps some other unsuspecting people.

Last but not least does anyone know any decent alloy wheel refurb places in Hertfordshire?

Thanks

Mark
Rant over.

I had the same with a set of alloys once, the lads undid them using windy guns, and as they did it they let the sockets hammer against the inside of the holes where the wheels go into - chipped the paint off all 4 alloys - crazy!

That wasnt Kwick Fit, though i did have a experience with them once - brand new alloy, got a tire fitted, as lad took it off the balancing machine he allowed the wheels centre hole to run all the way along the threaded rod that the wheel goes over, taking the paint off it :whatever:

Last edited:
Not going against the thread here but my local Kwik Fit, fitted two new tyres after a week of having my wheels powder coated and didn't make a scratch anywhere, they took step by step pictures whilst doing it as the manager is a 'perfectionist'....on a completely different matter, my dad used a well known 'On your driveway' service and they chipped about an inch out of his R8 alloys, ended up with free set of tyres and full refurb.

Take pictures before the old tyres come off and straight after the new ones are fitted and before even getting in the car, then they have no choice!

Hope you get it sorted, just keep ringing the complaints line!

...Protyre in Bristol walk the car with you and walk the car again when the job is done. They are happy for you to stand and watch whilst the job is done also and check breaks etc with the wheels off.....been going there for 10 years now. Excellent service. If they close I will be well stressed out!

I hear about stuff like this all the time, you have to check every wheel after garages have been near them and before you drive away.

The garage I use scuffed one of my alloys the other year, but tbf to them they rang me, told me and got it refurbed ASAP, top service

I always feel like a w@nker doing it but everytime I take my car for service ect I take a camera with me and photograph every wheel, the arches, doors and interior ensuring that both the service department and the date is clearly captured.

My first service experience with renault had the service receptionist check the entire car over for damage marking any down on alittle car graphic and making me sign it (there isnt any thankgod).

Atleast then then cant deny responsibility!
Goodluck with kwikfit!

What a sh!tter!!! It seems to happen far to often at Kwik Fit this. Glad the original manager has seen some sense and offered to reimburse you though. Like already said, that looks like a kerb mark to me rather than anything the maching could've done.

A mate of mine used to work at Kwik Fit and I know for a fact that if anything decent comes in they ''road test'' it if it's left with them. It's common practice throughout the network, certainly in the NW it is anyway as he worked at five different garages up here. Shockingly, they also have the ''Burnout Speedo Challenge'' at three of those five garages; Basically if you leave the car and it's having two new fronts then they see who can get the speedo the furthest round the clock whilst the car is stationary. He left after 5 months to work for their mobile division because he used to get the p!ss taken out of him something rotten for not getting involved in the ''fun''.

I must admit though, I've used their mobile service a few times, watched them like a hawk and had no issues whatsoever.

Pretty bad damage, can't believe they denied it at first

I always wait with my car when I get tyres, just don't trust them to be left alone with it

not happy either, just kerbed an alloy in the street. Street lights out, pitch black outside and a horible grinding noise ...

Ok guys so I thought I would give a final update!

After much tooing and frooing I finally got 120 pounds out of Kwik Fit and a replacement tyre for free. Not bad I suppose and its the last time I go to Kwik Fit!!!

Thanks guys for all your comments and help.

Mark