Kwik fit damaged my alloy!

Kwick fit are ****!!!!!!!!!!!! used them once and never again, but worst of all..........................the one 5 minutes from my house (Maldon, Essex) the guys took a customers 911 for 'test drive' and came off a roundabout a bit enthustiaticly and lost it, killing an 8 year old boy!!!
Again, don't use Kwick Fit!!!!!!!
:swear:

Just to clarify, i'm not saying that all Kwick Fits are like it, just that this is a horror story and that as a company they may not have the most consciencious staff, and for that reason i don't use them.

There are some decent Kwik fit but they are few and far between.
They have tried to rip me off all 4 times I've been desperate enough to use them.

Most recently took my fez in for tracking as it had a bump and got thrown out they were close so run it down to them. An hour and a half later I needed lower arms.
I knew I didn't and he said the lower arm would cost circa £80 (95 fiesta si) I laughed said nice try but the ones fitted to it are only a few weeks old. The total cost of both lower arms for me £25 asked for my car back and took it to a mates garage 45 minutes away. Tracked and not a problem with it.

Its a lot worse for us girls in there. They seem to think we know nothing about cars and will take things at face value. Unfortunately I do my research and have worked on my cars so will know what I'm talking about majority of the time (on my older fiesta that is)
Also have an uncle who is a mechanic of over 10 years who helps me when I do get stuck. My dad also knows his stuff (years of owning and fixing his own cars)

My brother has had to repeatedly take his car back to another branch as they keep screwing up his lower arms on his Toledo.
He wishes he hadn't gone there now but won't let them get away with such a crap job so keeps going back till its sorted. They almost had it last time.

One is in Sevenoaks the other in Streatham and another one (to avoid) is in Croydon.
Nice blokes but will have your legs off if they think they can.

Last edited:
Trust me mate you wont get anywhere. They will have took your car out for a spin no doubt and done this, its deffo not done on a tyre machine even i wouldnt do that have you got proof all the wheels were mint?

Shocking.

My local kwik fit are pretty good never had a problem. Good service, good price and a few back handed favours.

Doesn't mean I wasn't nervous when my 200 was in for a puncture but all was good. I've got raiders so not possible to refurb as far as I'm aware.

I have a very good relationship with the lads at kwik fit glossop. Honest reliable service