keyless entry

Just wondering,not tried it but I Park my car literaly outside the Living room window,if I'm in the Living room with the keycard in my pocket ect,can someone walk upto the car and open it or does it need to be literaly next to the car for it to work??

You have to be fairly close for it to open so I think you should be alright

Just wondering,not tried it but I Park my car literaly outside the Living room window,if I'm in the Living room with the keycard in my pocket ect,can someone walk upto the car and open it or does it need to be literaly next to the car for it to work??
just try leaving your card not far from your car and try to open the door..you will see how close you would have to be to open it..
thats what i did to find out..

To be in range you need to be pretty close, basically standing next to the car. I'd be surprised if it worked from anymore than a 1m radius around the car.

I found out a cool trick a while ago.

By having the keys in my pocket when washing the car, shooting the hose pipe water through the handle will unlock the car from about 5 meters away!

I asked my wife to start my car the other day as I was checking something with the exhaust and the car wouldn't start till i passed the card to her inside the car.

I found out a cool trick a while ago.

By having the keys in my pocket when washing the car, shooting the hose pipe water through the handle will unlock the car from about 5 meters away!

Hmmm I wonder if that's what one of the previous owners of mine did and that's why the keyless entry no longer works on the drivers side.... :lol:

You press the button on the handle or the boot to lock it.

It will auto lock if you don't open the door after unlocking it :smile:

Yeah either button on the key fob or button on the door to lock (press twice to double lock)

I think it gives you 30 seconds to try the handle to test it's locked, before it will unlock again using keyless entry?

Yeah either button on the key fob or button on the door to lock (press twice to double lock)

I think it gives you 30 seconds to try the handle to test it's locked, before it will unlock again using keyless entry?

More like 3s before it re-opens. Put it this way - if I lock it at the boot, usually by the time I pass the door to check it's locked and pull the handle, it unlocks again :lol:

I quite often on a cold morning start the car with the card in my pocket then go back in the house, the question is can the car be driven off or does it cut out when out of range , the only thing I've found is that the display tells you No card found and an audible beep continues until it detects the card.

I quite often on a cold morning start the car with the card in my pocket then go back in the house, the question is can the car be driven off or does it cut out when out of range , the only thing I've found is that the display tells you No card found and an audible beep continues until it detects the card.

Interested in this as I've not tested myself but I do the same, start the car and walk back to house. Only ever stand in the porch and never takes eyes off the car, but the porch is warmer than the car for the first couple of mins on a cold winters morning!

I'll put it to the test at the weekend as I don't fancy it cutting out at night and having to abandon the car while I run home for the key.

I don't think it will cut out, but it will keep going until you run out of petrol of press the button to turn off the car. I imagine it's for safety. Sat in the car today and had the key in the passenger seat, yet the car still wouldn't start until it was closer to the centre console, which means even if someone did open your car, they wouldn't be able to start it

It will continue to run if you started it then took the keycard out of the car, it also won't turn off with a single press of the start/off button. When you press it, it warns you that the keycard cannot be detected. Basically so you don't get stranded.

Moral of the story is, keep that keycard close to you and don't let your car out of your sight with the engine running! :wink: