keyless entry

I wonder if anyone can help, I have keyless entry on my 197. Ive owned the car for about a week now and for the first 4 days the car would open when I walked up to it (Im sure). Now I have to try and open the door before it unlocks, I think there is a sensor on the handle I noticed erlier. So I now have to hover my hand round the handle for it to open. Am I imagining things or do they not open when you walk within a few feet? Unless it was passengers placing their hand arround the passenger side handle? I dont know weather I have changed anything by holding/pressing a button combo to change this. Any help appreciated. Thanks, Mike.

Its the sensor on the handle or press the unlock button on your fob. You lock it same sort of way.

They do not open as you walk up to them.

Hi mate.you have got as you say hover hand around the door handle for it to open.the sensor is behind it. you have to have the fob with you boot opens as per normal..to lock press button on door handle once.to dead lock press twice
when i had mine first took days to work it out [thick or what];/; as had no user book
dont put hand back behind the handle after locking as it will open again.but can check as long as fob is not near car [mines approx six foot]

sometimes they open when you get to it, sometimes you have to attempt to pull the handle, mine does this, thinks its normal

Mine opens only when I put my hand in the handle (it has an IR sensor), and you can lock it with the button on the handle and in the Renault logo on the booth door.

sometimes they open when you get to it, sometimes you have to attempt to pull the handle, mine does this, thinks its normal

Thanks for all the responses! like ryan197 said his also opens sometimes walking up to it. I had an idea of putting some black tape over the sensor so it would open when I walked up to it! ill have to give it a try.

I wouldn't do that tbh! If you make it so it unlocks when you get close, it'll unlock as you walk away after locking it. You have 3 seconds to try the door handle after locking it and it's a very short 3 seconds too! Ha ha. So if you can get away in 3 seconds then you might be ok. Lol!

Noticed that my keyless entry sometimes wont work when the keycard is in the same pocket as my mobile phone!

Noticed that my keyless entry sometimes wont work when the keycard is in the same pocket as my mobile phone!

Same here always keep phone in opposite side pocket now and then no problems.

Also mine only opens when hand is hovered over sensor and only locks when buttons pressed (that's when their not playing up)

I wouldn't do that tbh! If you make it so it unlocks when you get close, it'll unlock as you walk away after locking it. You have 3 seconds to try the door handle after locking it and it's a very short 3 seconds too! Ha ha. So if you can get away in 3 seconds then you might be ok. Lol!

I'll have to lob the keys away from the car then go and pick them up lol! a bit extreme!

Mine start if the card is in my pocket with my phone. As for keyless entry, mines always keyless. Pull handle once and you hear the doors unlock, then the door opens on second pull.