Keyless Entry & Surfing

I haven't quite figured out the best way to go about this.

So I usually wear my key in my wetsuit when surfing. How do you go about this with keyless entry?! I just want to wear the key part and not the whole fob but obviously still lock the car.

Is it as simple as taking the physical key out of the fob, leaving that part in the car and locking it with the physical key that is inside the fob? Will it stay locked even though the keyless part is inside?

Sorry if this is a stupid question! Just trying to think of the best way to do it?

I think you'd be fine using the key. Just take the battery out of the fob.

Do a trail run before hand obviously.

[MENTION=44782]BEEFTEC[/MENTION] yeah I've got one of those already however I don't trust it enough. Plus it is uncomfortable to wear!
[MENTION=3203]Rogue[/MENTION] if you take the battery out of the fob will it forget any of the details stored on it if left out for a long amount of time?

[MENTION=44782]BEEFTEC[/MENTION] yeah I've got one of those already however I don't trust it enough. Plus it is uncomfortable to wear!
[MENTION=3203]Rogue[/MENTION] if you take the battery out of the fob will it forget any of the details stored on it if left out for a long amount of time?

Blimey, how long you planning on going surfing :lol:

Should be fine. Batteries die in the spare fob all the time and still remembers the code :smile: Like I said, if you have a spare fob, just take the battery out of one for a couple of days and then put it back in to see if it opens the car

I imagine it would though.

@BEEFTEC yeah I've got one of those already however I don't trust it enough. Plus it is uncomfortable to wear!

I reckon you can trust them, they must be very confident in them as they market them as submersible and suitable for car keys so they'd be in for some hefty lawsuits if they leaked!

Blimey, how long you planning on going surfing :lol:

Should be fine. Batteries die in the spare fob all the time and still remembers the code :smile: Like I said, if you have a spare fob, just take the battery out of one for a couple of days and then put it back in to see if it opens the car

I imagine it would though.

Haha I know! Some stuff can be forgetful though, especially when French!

@BEEFTEC very true - more a comfort thing as I have a front entry suit the key tie is in that so anything too large gets quite annoying!

I reckon you can trust them, they must be very confident in them as they market them as submersible and suitable for car keys so they'd be in for some hefty lawsuits if they leaked!
They could just say it wasn't closed properly, instant lawsuit immunity. I get what your saying though you would want to be able to trust it.

So I just tried the emergency key in my fob and it wouldn't turn in the lock. So it wouldn't close or open the car.

Am I being a retard or is there a special way to use this key?! I tried the spare too and it was the same problem.

Yep! Key went in fine just wouldn't turn. I can have my moments of stupidity but someone please say if it is as simple as just putting it in and turning?

haha [MENTION=48019]pu11y[/MENTION] you are a hero...

I just wished it helped. Back to the dealer I feel...I think it could be the wrong key!!!