Keycard and water???

Hey guys

I picked my 197 up yesterday and absolutely love it:cloud9:

Now here comes the first of my probable many newbie questions:jumpon:

Does anyone on here surf or do any kind of watersports if so what do you do with your key??

Main reason I ask is with my old Golf I could split the key in 2 leave the remote bit in my car lock the car manually with the blade which i would then stick in my wetsuit hey presto job done.

Now with my 197 it has keyless entry I have noticed that you can take the blade out seperately then use that in the passenger door then lock the card in the door as before.

But as the card is in the car would someone just not be able to press the button and unlock the car?? Would it be safe to take just the blade into the water?? Would i mess anything up by using the key in the passenger door quite often?? (I surf 3 times a week)

Thanks
Ben

if you leave the card in the car anybody can open it if they no what there doin and drive off

doest loose anything - the key card only transmitts a code which the car then reads and does what it needs to do

+1

I took the battery out of my 2nd card the day i picked my car up from the showroom (as i thought it would drain the battery while sat in the drawer)
I have just got it out and put the battery back in and it works fine.

Only problem i can see is my car will not lock if the card is left inside (unless you take the battery out then it wouldn't know it was there)
*Answered my own Q there!

Take the key out of the card (keep that on your person)

Take battery out of card leave both battery and card seperate inside car (not on show prefferably in sepetare places).

Lock your car from the passengers side with the key.

Job Done = Happy Surfer !!

There is a product on the market similar to a ziplock bag but much better quality, it has a double seal. They are commonly used by cyclists to hold money/phone/keys and stop them getting sweaty. I cant remember the name of them but theyd certainly keep your key dry inside your wetsuit

Simplest solution is the best... I would just use a waterproof ziplock bag.

Or buy a Cup... :wink:

The cards are supposed to be waterproof but I had one of mine go through the washing machine and it never worked again :worried:

Cheers for all the input guys its been very helpfull:jase:

Take the key out of the card (keep that on your person)

Take battery out of card leave both battery and card seperate inside car (not on show prefferably in sepetare places).

Lock your car from the passengers side with the key.

Job Done = Happy Surfer !!

I'll give that a go tonight and see how it works. Thats probably the best solution for me

There is a product on the market similar to a ziplock bag but much better quality, it has a double seal. They are commonly used by cyclists to hold money/phone/keys and stop them getting sweaty. I cant remember the name of them but theyd certainly keep your key dry inside your wetsuit

There are waterproof pouches available to go under your wetsuit but i find them very uncomfortable and there will always be the doubt in my mind if i done the pouch up correctly:tongueout:

Simplest solution is the best... I would just use a waterproof ziplock bag.

Or buy a Cup... :wink:

Was thinking the same thing

Thanks

you will have to lock the car first....

just tried it

you will have to lock the car - remove battery - unlock passenger door - this then fires the alarm off :thumbdown: - put card/batttery in car - re-lock door

Cheers trying that mate!!!!

I think i'll just buy a waterproof pouch just to be on the safe side even if they are seriously uncomfortable.

Similar Thread Suggestions