Kev's Red 197

Hi, I’m Kev, I’ve recently bought a red 197. I’ve already started to tinker with her.

The centre console and dash strips are out, prepped and ready for spraying, should be back in the car for the weekend.

Booked in at RS tuning on the 14th for a remap - The Kangarooing is a nightmare so I’m hoping this will reduce it dramatically... Pulling out of junctions can be interesting!

ITG Maxogen is ordered and should be with me early next week, going to fit it myself, fingers crossed it isn’t too difficult.

I’ll get some pics up asap

The plan is to get out on the track in October if all goes to plan.

Future plans:

Change sound system
Alloys Powder coated
Some exterior parts sprayed

Before the remap I’m giving the car an overhaul, cam belt, AUX belt, water pump, oil, filters ect ect. It is a friend who is doing all the work, I’m after some advice, do you need a particular tool to remove the cambelt?

Just a side note I ordered the parts from Karl (TwingoGeekeo), very helpful, highly recommend.

Welcome!

If you're not bothered about squeezing every last bhp out of it, you can buy an RSTuner from fastchip.nl which will sort out the kangarooing problem as well as cold start and also get rip of the flatspot. I've heard nothing but good things about RS Tuning though.

I believe you need an official tool for tightening the cam belt up once it's fitted.

you won't go far wrong with rs tuning mate,cold start and flat spot issues will be gone after paul has used his magic on your car,make sure you fit the filter before the map though or you won't get the best out of it,its easy to fit,the instructions are very good and clear with pictures,let us know how you get on matey

Welcome!

If you're not bothered about squeezing every last bhp out of it, you can buy an RSTuner from fastchip.nl which will sort out the kangarooing problem as well as cold start and also get rip of the flatspot. I've heard nothing but good things about RS Tuning though.

I believe you need an official tool for tightening the cam belt up once it's fitted.

is there any real benefit to paying more over the "standard" version of the rstuner on fastchip.nl?!