Kerry's 197

Hello everyone, Just thought i'd introduce myself and my new car really... Anyway i'm Kerry, i'm 20 years old and live in northamptonshire.

So after a good few months looking for the right car i finally managed to find one... I had a budget of £7k and was looking at all sorts of hot hatchs and a few saloons. I wanted something that was fairly comfortable, under insurance group 16, fairly nippy, and something that was better than my current car (clio 172)... I have owned 9 previous cars and alot of them didn't last too long before they broke on me. My 172 has been my most reliable car, so i decided to stay french and had my heart set on a clio 197. I'm very picky with my car's so i set a list of the extra's it must come with! My list included: It must be albi blue, climate control, black headlights, cup spoiler, under 40k miles, 07 plate plus, very good condition, full service history, as much mot as possible, would be nice with recaro's but i wasn't too bothered as the standard seats are lovely too. After searching pistonheads, gumtree, autotrader, clio197.net etc, i had no luck, seemed impossible with my budget!! Then last week an advert came up with the perfect car for £7200... I e-mailed him asking more questions about the car and eventually got him down £500 on the price (I paid on inspection after delivery, the seller agreed that if it wasn't to the standard he told me it was then i was free to send it back). The car was 9 and a half hours away in aberdeenshire, but the previous owner said he could pay for it to be sent down, PERFECT!

Well after a week on waiting for the car to be delivered it finally arrived last month! Had a look over it and the only fault it had was a dead battery in one of the key cards (now changed and working).

So the car has everything i wanted from one at a bargin price, 30k miles, full service history, serviced 250 miles ago, MOT'd 2 weeks before i got it, and has no faults that i have noticed just yet, really chuffed with it, what'd you guys think?

Sorry for the essay

My old car:
IMG_3144.jpg

IMG_3132.jpg

just before i sold it:
IMG_2962.jpg

IMG_2960.jpg

My new car:

When it was delivered
313763_10150272009626364_541791363_8090270_695135646_n.jpg

312263_10150272009071364_541791363_8090261_300492826_n.jpg

The day i got it
IMG_2919.jpg

IMG_2922.jpg

IMG_2923.jpg

Todays pics (first detail)

IMG_2990.jpg

IMG_3008.jpg

IMG_3004.jpg

IMG_3006.jpg

IMG_3013.jpg

IMG_2998.jpg

Got quite a few plans for it, but knowing me they will change dramatically. Overall very pleased with it, in a different league to the 172 although i was sad to see it go!

A few pics of them both:

IMG_2954.jpg

IMG_2943.jpg

IMG_2942.jpg

Last edited:
Welcome to the forum mate, love Albi blue and it's scrubbed up well.
Shame about the 172 it's a nice little motor but time to step up.
Hope you enjoy your new purchase just as much, get them wheels anthracite and you'll be sorted! Lol

Welcome! Very nice! I just picked mine up, also in Albi, only 3 weeks ago!

Looking forward to seeing what you've got planned 8)

welcome fella :thumbup:

i'm female ;/ lol

Thanks for all the comments everyone, much appreciated! The 197 is brilliant, it handles perfectly!!

The plans are: Spray the wheels, Debadge the 'clio', The renaultsport sideskirts and splitter... thats about it for looks

I would like to make a start on the engine bay soon as i love colour coded bays... as for performance mods, they will have to wait until i get a different week job as i use my car for work :thumbdown:

Thankyou for the nice welcome :thumbup:

Sorry Kerry you aren't the first and won't be the last LOL!!

Just wait until Roy wants a picture.... :wink:

Oh and welcome to the site, your car looks great!!

aha not a problem :tongueout:

Thanks everyone :thumbup:

Hey craig!! Finally got it on here :thumbup1:

Welcome to the site. Car looks great and your 172 was looking good too. I like the Snap-Off sticker in the back! Lol!

best colour

lol a albi blue from up my neck of the woods, u should have asked one of the locals from on here to look at it for you, i was in aberdeen 2 weeks ago and saw 4 diffrent albi blue 197s on the same bit of road. well one less now. great colour btw,

Attachments

• clio 197.jpg
    clio 197.jpg
    87.9 KB · Views: 41