Kerry's 197

I decided not to sell because my situation has changed, yes still every penny counts although I decided that I wasn't going to make enough to make the downgrade worth my while. This had full mot, tax and recent Cambelt and service with no faults. I couldn't risk getting a car that may need all this on top of purchase price...

Anyway, I have friends who are doing the work for me at mates rates and their work is outstanding. I can't wait for it to be finished although we've had a rough start and my locking wheel nut key is damaged and I can't get the wheels off :-/

It's been a bad start to say the least lol... Went to Renault to see if they can help and they quoted me 140 quid to remove and replace the locking nuts :-/
This happened to me last week. If you are with the AA or RAC they have a tool that deforms over the nut and gets it off :smile: Or if you know someone in the AA get them to sit in the car.

Thanks everyone. I finally managed to get the locking wheel nuts off using my brothers compressor gun! So they wheels are off and work has began :smiley:

Are you talking about adrenaline alley? Its pretty decent, only been a few times though :smiley:

Update

I thought it was about time i updated my thread since getting the refurb and calipers done.

What the wheels were like before

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

First the paint got mixed.

Primered

Guide coat

The paint goes on

End result

On the car, calipers also finished

How the car stands now

Before and after

Thanks to my mate's Paul and Jodie for a fantastic job!

Last edited:
Very smart. The calipers look great, and the wheels suit the car so much better than he white :smile:

Thanks everyone! They really do transform the car. Now i've got to think of what's next! Lowering springs more than likely!

Looks great, it does look a little high though on those pics. Springs next I'd say :smile:

Springs will be next after new disks/pads and new tyres all round. Although i'm not sure how low to go, i love the drive atm because it's practical and comfortable.

So after a 2 year ownership the car has been sold and will be collected this week! I will be gutted as this was alot more reliable and fun that I had thought when I first got it. I might actually cry when he drives it off my drive :-( however after getting a ridiculously cheap insurance quote I Have decided to finally go jap and get a Honda s2000. I'll stick about as I can see myself owning another in a few years time. Thanks to all who helped me out

Awwww. That's no good. Get some pics up of the Honda tho...love those cars. I always thought they were ridiculous to insure??

Awwww. That's no good. Get some pics up of the Honda tho...love those cars. I always thought they were ridiculous to insure??

I will as soon as i get one :smiley:

I thought so too, which is the reason i went for the 197 instead 2 years ago. Had another check and its only £100 more than my clio so its perfect timing really :smile: I will miss the car but at the same time i'm excited for something new.