Just took out a 197 cup.............

I don't think Recaros make any difference to the resale value but they do make the car easier to sell or more attractive to the buyer.

They make the car easier to sell on, but they won't enable you to ask for an extra £2,000...

Really? Don't think it's off topic as I'm looking at both cars and the corsa vxr is the 197s competion.

The 197 does seem to be more reliable in general, strange for a French car tho lol
Saying that my Williams has been great, I had a bad one before a few years back. Not many R27s for sale now, prob due to being too close to Xmas. I need to drive one to make my mind up once and for all.

Really? Don't think it's off topic as I'm looking at both cars and the corsa vxr is the 197s competion.

Agreed, it was on topic. Sometimes this forum is over moderated.

197s are faster than they feel but theres no getting away from the veryheavy chassis ( compared to past fast clios ).

And a 172/182 should have little issues shunning off a 197/200 on the straights.

197s are faster than they feel but theres no getting away from the veryheavy chassis ( compared to past fast clios ).

And a 172/182 should have little issues shunning off a 197/200 on the straights.

far better for when you bin it :s

Thread re-opened for those interested. Got rid of all the arguing so lets all just get along.

So, back on topic.

A few years ago I bought a Corsa VXR.

When thinking about buying a new car I narrowed it down to 2 choices. LY 197 or Arden Blue VXR. Test drove both and ended up with the VXr. Why? It just felt a gazillion times faster than the 197. The engines in the Clios really only get better with age. And the one I test drove has 10 miles on the clock so was still tight.

As for the reliability story. Both the VXr and our current 200 havent been without their problems. I needed a new turbo and other bits and bobs on the VXR and we've had the gearbox replaced on the 200.