Just had a play with a Megane...

Matt197

South West Rep
And dam are they quick, cant believe how much faster it was. Chased him up a hill and he just pulled away from me, keep with him but I would say he was a good 3 - 4 cars lengths in front.

He slowed down to let me go in-front and I tried my best going right to the limit but he just flew past me like I was standing, was thinking about selling the Clio and now this has nailed the coffin shut :lol:

I think it was a 225 cup, kind of remember his reg and that comes back as a Cup, tried to get him to pull over so I could have a chat but he carried on :closedeyes:, don’t blame him as I could have been anyone for all he knows.

loads more gain than the 197 from just a remap too.
plus loads easier to get much higher gains than with a N/A.

I'm not surprised Kev, what with all the mods you have done, would not be surprised one bit if once yours is completed that it was faster than a 225 :thumbup1:

Think thats what drawing me towards the Megane, if you want more power its only a remap away. Only another 2 years and I will be able to trade it in for a 250.

I can keep with a modded one till 110 then its off!!

But Im not running STD. They are very rapid cars!!

Megs have better straight line speed compared to the Clios usually but the Clios tend to handle better (in the right hands) the 182 holds its own against TDK on roads with lots of corners, once your on a straight its gone :worried:

Megs have better straight line speed compared to the Clios usually but the Clios tend to handle better (in the right hands) the 182 holds its own against TDK on roads with lots of corners, once your on a straight its gone :worried:

Cant match that one in a straight line TBH!!! But never had a prob with any others!

just got home today and saw my clio for the 1st time in 4 days and since seeing it im really missing it :worried:, so ended up going for a blast down a country lane/dual carriage way and reminded myself why i brought the meg :smiley:.
still a little upset tho...

I'm going to change to an R26 soon - the handling isn't far off, but the low down torque and remap possibilities are too tempting to ignore. It's no worse on fuel either.

I had a play with an early F1 megane and i was suprised how well i kept up. We got up to 110ish lol both had 1 passenger although it was on a level road not going up a hill. The driver put his thumb up and said those 197's are rapid.

I am surprised you kept up so well mate, but don’t know if it makes any difference but the one I was playing with was a Cup and would not be surprised if it was remapped as well.

We also got on to a straight section as he let me go in front, tried my hardest to get away but as soon as I pulled over he just flew past as it was a dual carriageway.

So want one now, Russ keep us posted when you get one and let us know how it compares.

a guy who lives round the corner from me had a R26 when i had my R27 his was alot quicker in the low revs, which gave him enough time to get away...

checked insurance and in April i'll be back in the RenaultSports with a R26 preferably LY