Job For Today

Roy

clio197.net legend
clean my exhaust tips they are black
with what???
tried APC no joy
recomendations please

anything thats a light abrasive so even tooth paste on a cloth, they will be minty fresh too lol :thumbsup:

+ 1 for Silvo/Brasso.

Or, a bit of plain wire wool and some polish, should cut through the sh!te and make it gleam at the same time.

I got a little tube of metal polish, that with a little cotton cloth and mine come up a treat :smile:

Scouring pad or fine wire wool to get most of the rubbish off and then finish off with autosol which you can get in halfords

Its a metal polish, comes in paste form and you rub it on the metal just like you would a normal paint polish. Watch it work as the cloth turns black, works very very well for fine polishing which you will need to do after the wire wool.

Something else that works very well with the autosol is a polishing head on a drill, would be ideal for the insides of the exhaust

If they're Renault Exhaust tips I wouldn't use a scouring pad, you'll just damage the finish.

The Renault Tips are Chromed steel, so you'll either end up with fine scratches or take the finish off completely.

I'd use Machine Cleaner, then Tar Remover, then Autosol. Use a microfibre...

changed the job for today
washed,polished,waxed the wheels instead what a ball ache
exhaust tomorrow