Jimmy's Deep Black R27 no.243 - Goodbye kid, it's been a blast.

lol right, I'll polish you can wash syer.

If thats an offer - i accept :smile:

In all seriousness - machine polishing is quite a laborious task im lead to believe. And despite what you'd think - reasonably physical (?)

***Hope this is all somewhat relevant Jimmy. And might give some of us an insight into the detailing of 'Black Beauty' :smile:

Well depends what sort of finish your after. Yes it can be quite a laborious process, but honestly depends how finicky you are also, like anything.

In a day you can get a car looking really good, but in 3 it will be spotless. I'm no professional by any means but I can do it to an acceptable standard (in my books lol)

Yeah seems very relevant to me! I've never used any kind of machine polisher so I'm a total noob when it comes to it. I do imagine that it needs a skilled hand to get a good finish, and I know from seeing Chris' LY that he does a very good job with it :smile:

A car wash day in the spring sounds like a great idea! need someone central with a massive back garden lol!!

I found the DA quite labour intensive but worth the effort. It helps if you have a garage big enough to work in rather than compete against the elements.

so i'll sip on my hot/cold drink while you boys look detail my baby??sounds good to me...
then i can do some wrapping:good:

Enjoy that Guys I'll be inside eating turkey, not outside washing cars on a freezing wet December day...

Those with a keen ear will recognise the unmistakable sound of a Scorpion resonated exhaust system fitted to a Clio RS 197 :smiley: only a short video as it's literally the best one I could get since I had it fitted on Monday! Rush hour traffic and limited time is not ideal...

After the blow in the existing (original) exhaust was pointed out at the last MOT, a Scorpion resonated was on the shopping list and the hunt was on. Not too long after, @Micah very kindly linked us all to Demon Tweeks and their Black Friday offers.

The price for a system was the best I'd seen yet, however just before that @Pav let me know about the same system up for auction on Ebay (used of course). It also contained a 200 cell sports cat as part of the package. The starting price was very low so I put in my max bid fully expecting it to go for more money than the DT price. As luck had it, it seemed to generate very little interest and I ended up winning it for a good price.

I had my car booked into my local indie garage for Monday just gone for fitting. I also asked them to leave out the sports cat, as I wasn't too fussed for this. The exhaust was sent directly there - I had to wait nearly two weeks until I could get it fitted :excited: I didn't want to jinx things (I am mega superstitious when it comes to this car...), so that's why I hadn't made any updates on the thread until now.

That didn't help in the end, as on the Monday evening when I was all set to collect my now louder baby, the garage called to say they needed to keep it overnight as it wasn't finished :cry: turns out that the sleeve/collar supplied that was used to join the Scorpion to the existing cat was the wrong size and the previous owner had just bodged it. My mechanic is a good lad and he wanted to make sure things were done properly, hence the delay!

I picked it up on Tuesday afternoon, and although I haven't had a proper drive yet, I'm really happy with the way the car now sounds :smiley: it is a lot louder than standard, but all the better for it. There's lots of nice little pops and burbles and on the few occasions when I have been able to give it some beans, it sounds great :thumb:

Chuffed for you Jimmy. Nice to know it's on properly too !

They are so 'sewing machine' as standard arent they. An exhaust makes them sound like they should have come from the factory. Its a sports-hatch after all; so whats wrong with a sporty tone.

Enjoy that buddy :smile:

Reactions: Jimmy