Jimmy's Deep Black R27 no.243 - Goodbye kid, it's been a blast.

Cheers guys, yeah I will defo put the new ones on the front - it's simple really and I should have thought of that....

Aye, I was pretty annoyed when I first saw the nail, but the fact they were nearly dead meant it wasn't too bad in the end. Plus, new tyres :biggrin:

32° here outside and I'm sweating my bollox off, too top it off I'm about too start an 8 hour shift at work, where it will be closer to 40° lol...

Ha definitely don't want to hear about winter yet! I feel your pain Chris, working in this weather is tough going! It's alright for these folk that have 6 weeks off over summer....:woody::smiley:

As per my wanted thread, the time has come to start looking properly for a new exhaust. The blow that was flagged up on the MOT is starting to get worse and I want to try and sort it sooner rather than later. It's not horrendous, but it won't get any better...

So short-medium term plans are:

-New exhaust (would prefer a Scorpion resonated, but I also like the sound of the Ktec, as on Pav's).
-Cambelt, water pump etc (due next year)
-Have front suspension/steering inspected as the steering rack arms/bushes have minor play as per last service

Longer term, but penciled in for 2017:

-Wheel refurb (yes, at last)
-Proper machine polish to give the paintwork a spruce at 10 years old - Deep Black = swirls.

Looks like this thread is going to get busy in the future Jimmy :smile:

All of those sound great (No pun intended at exhaust ideas !). Cant wait to see it with refurbed wheels and a detail too. Black does look epic when clean / shiny i gotta admit.

Are you thinking of changing wheel colour, or.....?

Thanks Syer. It's always been a pretty quiet thread really, never been one for lots of mods, as you may have gathered! I've fancied an exhaust for a while, however now I need one, the decision has been made for me, so why not!

The paint and wheels have never been high on the list of priorities purely because they're cosmetic things, and something else has always needed doing first (ball joints, tyres, brakes, springs, thermo housing etc). Barring any major upsets (fingers crossed, wood touched), I would like to get these sorted next year so everything is 'right'.

I will stick with the anthracite colour on the wheels, I do love me a standard car! :smiley:

Reactions: jasonlovesfrench
cool stuff Jimmy..so glad you are going for an aftermarket system after all..the wanted thread is a good idea..someone usually has something for sale..sooner or later..
thanks for the above comment too..gotta have a bit of a growl in your life...

Reactions: Jimmy
Great to plan ahead Jimmy. Staying standard in this modified world is a big nod to what a good car Renault made in the first place!

Nice plans jimmy!

You got a machine polisher to do it? If not I'm happy to lend you mine/hand when I'm up in the summer!

Reactions: Jimmy
Nice plans jimmy!

You got a machine polisher to do it? If not I'm happy to lend you mine/hand when I'm up in the summer!

Thanks mate.

That's a very kind offer Chris, thank you. I did have a rotary polisher, but I threw it out - it was an older one and I knew they were dangerous in the wrong hands (i.e. mine). I might very well take you up on that offer mate, thank you very much :smile:

Thanks mate.

That's a very kind offer Chris, thank you. I did have a rotary polisher, but I threw it out - it was an older one and I knew they were dangerous in the wrong hands (i.e. mine). I might very well take you up on that offer mate, thank you very much :smile:

Yeah rotarys can destroy paint if your not careful lol! I wouldn't touch one! Mines a da.

Let me know we can sort something out in the spring :smile: