Jamsport Supercharger Kit

Usman

Paid Member
Hi,

Im a newbie and I was wondering why jamsport no longer sell their sc kit for the 197? Also, ktec only sell one for the 172/182?

Thanks

i expect it wasnt very popular compared to the meg conversion

although if i was superchargeing a 197 id use a 225/250 engine and box

Hi, thanks for your reply. I thought about a meg conversion but dont fancy turbocharged engines. I like the high revving engine of the clio. And i also prefer the long ratios of the clio box. Do you think theyd still make custom kits?

Most things Jamsport touch seem to explode in a cloud of smoke...
it wouldn't be that hard to make your own kit - rotrex 'charger kit and universal mounting brackets, belt, intercooler and custom pipework, then map the standard ecu.

Most things Jamsport touch seem to explode in a cloud of smoke...
it wouldn't be that hard to make your own kit - rotrex 'charger kit and universal mounting brackets, belt, intercooler and custom pipework, then map the standard ecu.

Excuse me if I'm being really stupid and obviously ignoring the labour in doing it, is it really that simple..?!

Excuse me if I'm being really stupid and obviously ignoring the labour in doing it, is it really that simple..?!

Yeah, no reason why not. I forgot about injectors, I'm sure some 630cc injectors would be more than up to it (up to 310bhp using clio fuel pump iirc) and obviously an uprated clutch. But in terms of the actual 'charger, no reason why it shouldn't be that easy imo. Hardest part would be working out the length of belt but again, shouldn't be that hard. Easy enough to make a pipe kit out of ebay parts too.
Shouldn't need arp rod bolts as the torque isn't as much as a turbo, but for £60 may as well.

Reactions: Usman
I might be havering here, but weren't RS Tuning developing supercharged conversion?

Reactions: Usman