It's cold in my car. brrrr

Rogue

Platinum Member
I'm not getting any heat from my heaters. 27degrees feels like it's about 11. Car warms up ok.

Thermostat?

Assuming the blowers still work, which eliminates the fuse at fault, it will either be the controls and heater flap a fault or air lock in the matrix.

I had a few issues with airlocks when changing coolant before as it proves tricky to bleed but with a little persistence and know how it's an easy procedure. No reason for air to find it's way in there though unless you've disturbed it?

Won't be the thermostat, that just controls flow to the radiator.

No, not disturbed it at all. Hope it's not the heater matrix. It's still under warranty but I know it's a pain. Same thing went on my van.

Have to take it in I guess :-\

Ok a more useful post this time, as Ben said chances are its a nackered heater matrix, they can seize shut which means that your blowers will blow but the matrix isn't feeding isn't hot water to heat up the air. I had this problem a lot on my old fiesta, it blew three matrix' until I fitted s bypass pipe for the summer and bought a ford ka matrix which solved the problem in the winter.

If it is seized be very careful, it might not be the case in the Clio but in the fiestas it would cause a backlog in hot water and stop it circulating around the cooling system causing the car to overheat! If the car is under warranty I would keep a close eye on the temperature gauge and get it too a dealers ASAP.

Thanks for that. I drove it for well over 100 miles yesterday and the gauge didn't move a mil past the normal point.

I'll speak to my dealer and get it booked in asap.

Cheers fella, mine sprung back in to life the next day. Wondering if it was anything to do with me changing my battery or maybe just freak coincidence.