ITG Filter

Paul

Platinum Member
As some of you may have seen from my progress thread I bought a new ITG filter from Camskill on Monday and it arrived today and I went and fitted it.

All I can say is.... Wow! I cant stop smiling from such a simple mod! I noticed that the car seemed a little louder after fitting and the induction noise is really good, but the best bit by far is short shifting into second and giving it the beans from low revs, the sound is just immense! I have completely fallen in love all over again! :001_rolleyes:

Just thought I would share with you all! :thumbup:

it must be the best and cheapest mod you can do to the 197/200,

you soon get use to the sound/noise of it, so make the most of it Paul, lol

Definately improved my 200 and 197. It was more punchy and responsive with a slighty deeper induction noise. Seems to work best with V-Power...

Yeah Camskill were the cheapest I had found (£40 inc delivery) - by about 50% compared to K-tec (£58 inc delivery).

The noise between idle and 3.5k rpm is just unbelievable! It must have something to do with the second air inlet - the increased flow is brilliant. I will happily take anyone for a jaunt on Sunday to show them lol!

Love the ITG, seems to work really well on the 197/200. You'll probably also notice slightly better fuel consumption on longer trips...

after removing mine once and seeing dust/sand on the inside ...... I reverted to the stock paper filter

I rather have 100% engine compression till I part the car, than nice engine sound

I've ordered an ITG Panel Filter from Camskill, but it has been a week now and I've still not had it. I've tried ringing them today and there is no answer, plus I sent them this morning and email haven't emailed me back yet. It might just be that they are busy or something, but I'm starting to get a bit worried about the fact they've taken the £40 but I still haven't had anything. Has anyone else had any problems with them at all?

orderd mine last monday mate
not recieved mine either
i will give them another couple of days

Mine took a while to come from camskill, guessing they order them in rather than having them sat on a shelf

i orderd mine monday and rang and they sed id see it mid next week...

only reason i rang was because they took the money and said in there disclaimer that if its over 3 days we will email and tell you weather your item is coming or not etc... so i rang and got an assy guy who said mid next week!!! lol and that was it

It's a bit c**p really, they send you an email telling you it will be there in 2-3 working days and it doesn't turn up! I know it says it isn't guaranteed delivery, but when they take the money and don't email you to tell you it's going to be longer, you start to get a bit concerned! I ordered mine on Saturday afternoon last weekend. Hopefully it'll come before Wednesday because I'm going to Denmark for 3 days with work!

ppl with this filter, do you have to clean it? mine is clogged up full of gunk just wondered

ppl with this filter, do you have to clean it? mine is clogged up full of gunk just wondered

I think they need cleaning with the special oil you need to buy. They're meant to last longer between cleans than normal paper filters need changing, but it depends on the conditions in which you drive. If you check the service book, I'd clean it every time the car needs a service.