Is supercharging a "real" option???

I can understand peoples veiws. Its an on the fence kinda thing where u have two kinds of ppl. I found it enjoyable sourcing parts from all different manufacturers and reading specs, dims and reveiws on all the little details. I still have all the stuff to supercharge mine but its finding the cash to pay a very reliable friend to do it for me. I wudnt trust any1 else. The engine has cost too much for it to go wrong i cudnt afford it. In the new year probably after nurburg i will take the car back off the road and pay the money to get it done just for fun really.

What about the jms manifold that ppl with 1*2's are raving about ? Are there any plans to get this on a 197? Seems like a pretty nice option and lots of torque

ITB's aren't needed with the 197/200 engine. The inlet manifold is good enough for 250bhp ( R3 maxi )

Take a look at Simoxmino's project thread, he's on the standard inlet manifold all be it not a factory one but an Oreca item with a cable throttle body.

It's still a lot of cash to get a power gain and imo it'll never be a decent power gain. It might seem good on paper 190bhp up to 230bhp but with the money it costs...

Your best going down the free power route and doing some weight saving.

Or do both?

personally its not a option IMO.

as Much as I love the clio etc, I would much rather put 4-5K plus clio to get a turbo'd car.
have it remapped etc bobs your uncle. Just think its a HUGE risk to take on a 2ltr normal asp. engine even with upgrades

having been there and done that with previous cars, spending massive amounts of money on tuning an engine that was never designed for that kind of induction (ie: forced) is silly, and ultimately a waste.

A few select mods to let the engine breath easier i agree with, but if you want a Turbo renualt, buy a megane.

if you want 300+ bhp from little money, buy an Impreza or Evo.

I had a tuned 172 engine, throttle bodies, pistons, rods, full works, circa 240bhp. It was a nightmare. Was awesome when flat out, but any other kind of driving was a chore. Plus when your pushing engines that far, as mentioned its all the other parts that need uprating/replaceing etc etc!

But each to thier own, and if its what you want to spend your cash on, i can respect that.

totally agree with Mark, only way forward is weight loss. Stripping it down and a cage would be the way i'd go. Money wise, ive yet to see a justified engine upgrade on the clio.

IF, big if, it could be done successfully, the 250 engine transplant would be the way to go. Stripped, cage, turbo and a diff. Sorted!

Having seen what tts motorsport do with rotrex charged civic type r's which are also a high compession engine and how reliable they are, i dont see why there would be a problem with it.

Having seen what tts motorsport do with rotrex charged civic type r's which are also a high compession engine and how reliable they are, i dont see why there would be a problem with it.

different engines, different manufacturers different compression ratios etc etc etc.

what works for one car might not work for another, i know these engines have cast internals whcih are good NA. boosted however, the pistons and connecting rods tend to fail.

forged internals, especially pistons are really a must when converting aspiration types to boosted applications. unless the application in question is running very very very low boost, which would make the conversion pointless really.

the forged internals and head re build is expensive and added to the total cost of supercharging of turboing takes the cost to £4000+ easy.

so the problems normally come from reliability issues and initial cost.

do TTS change the pistons on the EP3 engines?

TTS performance not motorsport, sorry.

Not on the lower stage conversions, getting upto around 350bhp stuff they advise you do.