is it worth decatting the standard exhaust?

So is it worth getting a decat for the standard exhaust system? I will be getting the car mapped in June (RS Tuning Group Buy) so wondered if it would be a good investment?

Thanks all!

Y Pipe deletes the first (more effective/restrictive) Cat which is in the collector for the Manifold.

The Cat in the exhaust (under the car) isn't all that restrictive. A normal De-Cat will remove this one but the one in the Manifold will remain.

The one in the Manifold has more influence on emissions than the other one and people have passed MOTs with just this one in place.

Removing either may result in your flat spot becoming more prominent. You'll get a bit more rasssssp to the exhaust note but don't expect major power gains...

i'd say its worth it mate for the noise alone,not sure of any gains as i fitted other stuff at the same time but i've read gains are minimal

i can highly recommend having a de cat too, ye i get flat spots but thats part of the reason why I'm also getting it remapped, the sound is amazing, i love it so much.

Lol. Depends what yer after. Willis posted the best info:

Y Pipe deletes the first (more effective/restrictive) Cat which is in the collector for the Manifold.

The Cat in the exhaust (under the car) isn't all that restrictive. A normal De-Cat will remove this one but the one in the Manifold will remain.

The one in the Manifold has more influence on emissions than the other one and people have passed MOTs with just this one in place.

Removing either may result in your flat spot becoming more prominent. You'll get a bit more rasssssp to the exhaust note but don't expect major power gains...

Similar Thread Suggestions

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
FunnyMan Clio 200 Area 15
chris_blue Spotted 0
MarcB eBay Finds 1
J Clio General Chat 3
Alex88 General Chat 2