Is it me or are we losing more Clio's than we are gaining???

For those in Yorkshire technically we meet up twice a week for cinema and once a month for food/dinner. It's just all done via Facebook though.

Its a phase all forums go through. Established members move on and it takes the newbies a little bit to have the confidence to post/attend meets.

I agree with that. It's the same on any forum.

Need to make more of an effort to get back on here more myself.

Combination of things from individuals and individual situations to the cars themselves.

As it has been said before, it is the people that make the community and keep the forum etc going. Some people dont make the effort that is needed, and just fall by the wayside, its never easy being new and trying to fit in when other people know each other and are first names terms.

Maybe some of the "new members" would get more involved if their area rep actually organised something.
take FCS13 for example. Every person on the stand was a new member that hadn't attended before,
give them something to do or a reason to attend and said new members will get involved.
it was actually thanks to the new members and their efforts/participation that FCS13 was such a success.
Big big thumbs up to the "New" members.

I think that is spot on. Id love to get more involved and do meets, and track days, and just get some face to face advice/helping hands. But I have seen 1x197 and 2x200 in 2 and a half months in the West Midlands!
West Midlands part of the forum seems to be the deadest, we haven't got the best roads in the world but I still have a smile on my face when I spit the car off a roundabout and hear the revs rise! lol
Id like to help someone strip and clean their brake callipers because mine need doing and just wanted to see it be done before I try! lol

I quite new Emo an don't se a huge amount, southwest is equally as quiet. Shame your to closer as I've stripped and cleaned the rears on mine , just need to get some pins when I do the fronts. The how to guides on here are great!

People should also take the initiative and organize their own meets, it shouldn't be just down to the reps. I've organized 2 well supported meets in my area, it takes some good organization and communication, but it's worth it and keeps local members happy. Pull your fingers out boys and stop moaning! :wink:

People should also take the initiative and organize their own meets, it shouldn't be just down to the reps. I've organized 2 well supported meets in my area, it takes some good organization and communication, but it's worth it and keeps local members happy. Pull your fingers out boys and stop moaning! :wink:

i agree with that. Didn't know and still don't know who's our rep for south central is but me and soton try to organise stuff and have had a good couple of small meets :smile:

and yes jase, Kevin does get around a bit :wink:

There's a meet for West Midlands on Sunday, pretty sure I will be going, and I've got a fiesta ST, even though the 197 has gone I will still be coming on here and paying membership fee as its a great forum, and no doubt I will be in a renaultsport in 3 years time!

Where are you from Emo?

Im from Sutton Coldfield near Birmingham city centre.
I know there is a meet in Walsall on August 11th, but that's the first ive seen since joining in May.
I will maybe try and organize something small on a night at star city?! I see a lot of other forums meet there.

Nutnutwelshman, what are the black runs? I have to have a lot of for thought for meets because my work is VERY restrictive, but it can be sorted.
Ive seen there are some ppl going to Spa and the Ring in April and would really want to do that too. just got to get it past the missus! lol

Running costs for me as well

My 200 cost a hell of a lot more to run than my old 182, was no faster and not as fun, gearbox is crap, much more capable I will say though, but my R26 is much better on the road, torque, comfort, handling, seats, less rattles... the list goes on, and costs no more to run than the 200

I could live with the 200 if it was just a weekend car but I'm 20 so insurance doesn't let this be an option

still interest in cars for sale on here - been a few new members join so they can contact the sellers

Emo it's in the track days and meets and in the welsh sec about 20 guys at the mo would you like me to put you on the PM list for Spa take care Kevin