197 insurance - losing the will!

Hi all.

My insurance is due for renewal this week.

I'm 24, 6 years no claims (want this protecting), no claims/incidents etc, driving a standard 197 R27 and doing around 10k a year.

My renewal with Brentacre is £869 (£500 excess) and no one can get near this.

Greenlight won't quote due to my postcode, flux can't get it below a grand, sky won't quote until I'm 25 and everyone else that I've rung are quoting daft prices of 2k upwards, my favourite so far is £2300 with a £3000 excess, but I would get breakdown included which is nice...

Girlfriend and parents all had claims against them in the last few years so no good adding them as named drivers!

Any one got any suggestions for other companies to ring? I'm starting to lose the will!

Try adding them anyway, it might make a difference. No harm in trying.

Faiing that you'll just have to bite the bullet and pay up, it sounds like you've tried most places. Have you tried the comparrison sites?

Try adding them anyway, it might make a difference. No harm in trying.

Faiing that you'll just have to bite the bullet and pay up, it sounds like you've tried most places. Have you tried the comparrison sites?

Aye I have mate, they can't compete with Brentacre!

try aviva mate they are always the cheapest for me online.

when my insurance was high I ended up doing a 'Fast-Track' 10 month policy, so it was a bit cheaper but it still generates a year of NCB. could try doing that, i was with Admiral/Elephant when i did that.

try aviva mate they are always the cheapest for me online.
Can't get their online quote to work, keeps taking me back to page 1.

when my insurance was high I ended up doing a 'Fast-Track' 10 month policy, so it was a bit cheaper but it still generates a year of NCB. could try doing that, i was with Admiral/Elephant when i did that.
I'd rather not do this, want to stick to full year.

Im with elephant im 24 one years no claims and have a r27. I pay £780
They wanted over a grand from me, due to location I think.

Try a different web browser for aviva. I've older and have a better postcode by the sounds of it but for bogo cover fully comp it's £240 a year for me.

I know that's for me but I know they are similar for some others.

Or give em a ring.

Try a different web browser for aviva. I've older and have a better postcode by the sounds of it but for bogo cover fully comp it's £240 a year for me.

I know that's for me but I know they are similar for some others.

Or give em a ring.

Cheers mate. Gave them a ring but they won't quote me on the r27 as I'm not 25!

Have you got an auntie or a random middle age woman that you can add to the policy? In the past I added an older female friend and it dropped the premium by £100

869 isnt a bad price imo, you have a crappy postcode and your only 24

What are you expecting to pay? What did you pay for your last year insurance on the clio?

You could always up your excess and then insure the excess amount
have a look on this site
http://xspaid.com/
we use this company and our voucher code is BL100 if you use the code it gives you the first £100 free.

At 24 that was about what I was paying with 1 claim and 3 years no claims but my postcode wasn't terrible (SW16) doing 12k per annum and £250 excess.

What are you expecting to pay? What did you pay for your last year insurance on the clio?

That's exactly what I was thinking. At that age I'd had my license 7 years, had 5 years no claims, was driving a Mk5 Fiesta Zetec S, living in a very low risk area and was paying around that.

Or you could just play them against each other I used to just tell them what the other quoted but much lower it always worked for me surprising how they could suddenly lower the premium when they thought the others were cheaper just to get the business .

I would agree with the above. Unless last year you had the same car insured considerably cheaper then to me thats a good price. Just for information I was paying £900 a year on a Mountuned MK6 Fiesta at 22 and £800 for a Focus ST at 23, Im now 27 and just paid 400 for my 200 with 5 years NCB, so it will come down but possibly not as much as you're expecting.

Don't know why Sky won't help you, I'm 23 with 2 years Ncb an it's £740. I put my mum An dad on the first year I had it last year which helped so try putting someone on.

Similar Thread Suggestions