197 insurance for new driver

My 18yr old Daughter passed her driving test yesterday, so I thought I would try and get her insured for the clio, £5000 with £3000 excess, £10000 with £250 excess, that idea is now scrapped.
Going to get her a 1lt corsa.

I would expect it to be high but thats just plain stupid cant understand there justification of all the premiums they dream up,

Leigh

I did a quote to get my brother insured on my old 1 when he was 17, just passed and the quote came back as £1600 with him as a named driver. It was cheaper to insure him on the clio than it was on my mothers 1.5 Swift!

My 18yr old Daughter passed her driving test yesterday, so I thought I would try and get her insured for the clio, £5000 with £3000 excess, £10000 with £250 excess, that idea is now scrapped.
Going to get her a 1lt corsa.

Nothing wrong with that, I had a 1L corsa for two years as my first car, before recently upgrading to the Clio :smile:

My first car was a 1.1 saxo! Put a 1.3 rallye head on it and that thing flew! I would steer clear of a corsa, had a few goes in my mates and it was shockingly slow, also thirstier than you'd think due to having to rev the nuts off it to go anywhere.

Im 21 (22 this month) and pay £1600p/a fully comp on my clio, not bad really. I did get some silly quotes, and some even refused to insure me on it. 3years NCB driving for 4

My younger brother put our youngest brother on his insurance for his fiesta ST and payed an extra £60 each month when he wanted/needed to use it which I didn't think was that bad

Not surprised, insurance premiums have gone through the roof this year.

Instead of the standard corsa/saxo/clio brigade try and find a car that's a little bit different, something most 17/18yr olds won't think to buy.

I had a 1.8 Merc 190E at 18, my insurance was less than all my mates on boring hatch backs.

It was RWD, comfortable, mates loved it and my parents were happy because it was safe. Plus v cheap to run and buy.

Other ideas, Volvo 340, BMW E30 316 (maybe), classic mini, Audi 80...

You really just have to plug a load of cars in to confused.com and see what comes out best, ignore the insurance group on older cars less than a 1.8 they have less of a baring.

Also sometimes FC is less than TPFT, so don't rule that out.

iv'e been quoted 800 notes with me on zero ncb (been named and company car) then another 38 to put my twin on as well pretty respectable... would of been cheaper but i get raped cus im a bus driver which is complete and utter bull crap

Just got her a quote of £1900 fully comp for a 1.2 corsa, £250 excess, same company wanted £1800 for me being the main driver with her added on, doesn't make much sense.

My first car was a 1.1 saxo! Put a 1.3 rallye head on it and that thing flew! I would steer clear of a corsa, had a few goes in my mates and it was shockingly slow, also thirstier than you'd think due to having to rev the nuts off it to go anywhere.

Im 21 (22 this month) and pay £1600p/a fully comp on my clio, not bad really. I did get some silly quotes, and some even refused to insure me on it. 3years NCB driving for 4

holy shat - I would never pay that much for insurance, I just wouldn't get the car...

That doesn't seem far off, 5 years ago i got a 'W' reg 1.1 pug 106 as my first car at 17. The insurance was £1820 as a named driver and my mum as a main driver, as of course she was :smile:

My 56 plate vw passat 2.0 tdi estate was the same insurance.

My Saxo cost me £2K a year to insure when i first started driving, i had no choice as it was catch 22. Needed it to get to work as I was doing a 60mile round commute to the office 6 days a week. Then upto 50 ontop of that visiting clients...

It was a 1.1 with a 1.3 pug rallye head on it, 4-2-1 mani and and ashley backbox, and 15" White compomotives. It was a beast haha

Similar Thread Suggestions