IPhone 5

I love all the synching that's why I will continue to use apple products, makes everything so simple.

Try telling Mike this!

I love that I can be in my car 50 miles from home, punch a new number into my phone, a date into the calendar and also grab a few snaps. Walk into my office at home power up my iMac and iPad and can view those items from there without having to even touch anything! That's why i will always use Apple :smile:

Try telling Mike this!

I love that I can be in my car 50 miles from home, punch a new number into my phone, a date into the calendar and also grab a few snaps. Walk into my office at home power up my iMac and iPad and can view those items from there without having to even touch anything! That's why i will always use Apple :smile:

My HTC does this too???

'the phones' camera now has a panoramic option on this model' - ancient technology that has been on most other phones for years lololol!!!!

Last edited:
Yeah all phones can do that.

I specially use an app called drop box which is probably my most favourite app.

Uploads and downloads to my computer without me having to do anything.

Anything apple can do, android can do. I just prefer Android because its open source but I love my iPad because its sleek.

iPhone is just like iPad though, not trying to defend iPhone I just think its an awesome phone for me, does everything I expect from a phone and more!

I do love the look of the iPod nanos though!

Another point is iPhones hold there value so well as they are really sought after was looking on eBay, I can still get nearly 200quid for my iPhone 4 16gb 2 years after I brought it, so you can get a new phone each year for about £200 if your wanting to upgrade every year which I think is good value.

I'm due an upgrade and was waiting confirmation on the iPhone 5 specs. Looks like i'll be getting a HTC one X. I changed to a HTC sensation from an iPhone 4 and the 5 offers nothing over that bar the slightly bigger screen (all other bits will be available in a software update). Also my HTC already has all the features of the 'new' iPhone and it's over a year old.

Apple are lagging behind the likes of HTC and Samsung these days. All they have done with this latest launch is catch up with where their rivals were 18 months ago. Yes they beat Samsung in court but all they did was draw attention to how good their product is and now it's outselling apple in many countries inc the USA.

I had 2 iPhones (3Gs and a 4) but I honestly can't ever see me having another one at this rate.

My HTC does this too???

'the phones' camera now has a panoramic option on this model' - ancient technology that has been on most other phones for years lololol!!!!

I see what your saying there Mike, not really interested in that though, i hardly take snaps with my iPhone.

Yeah all phones can do that.

I specially use an app called drop box which is probably my most favourite app.

Uploads and downloads to my computer without me having to do anything.

Anything apple can do, android can do. I just prefer Android because its open source but I love my iPad because its sleek.

I'v been using dropbox since it first came on the go and i can see why you have mentioned it because it does do a great job of what it does but i just don't think it's as good as iCloud for certain things. File transfers it kicks the s*** out of iCloud though.

I am getting the iPhone 5! I don't care what anyone else says!
It's personal opinion!
It's like someone buying a Clio rs and someone buying a corsa Vxr. Personal opinion!
Life would be boring if everything was the same! Same phone, same car, same house, same tablet!
Just fed up of ppl branding me and other apple fan boys! I like most apple products! Big Woop!

Question for any Samsung owners:
Do they have the same DSLR lensing arrangement the iphone 5 (and ipad3) have? Chasing megapixels is great and all, but if apple have worked hard to get some amazing glass in there (at f2.4) and reduced the camera size by 25% (plus the phone by 18%), I'd say that's pretty good.
I'm out of contract now so going to have to think about this one.

iPhone5-314_575px.jpg

Last edited:
I'm due an upgrade and was waiting confirmation on the iPhone 5 specs. Looks like i'll be getting a HTC one X. I changed to a HTC sensation from an iPhone 4 and the 5 offers nothing over that bar the slightly bigger screen (all other bits will be available in a software update). Also my HTC already has all the features of the 'new' iPhone and it's over a year old.

Apple are lagging behind the likes of HTC and Samsung these days. All they have done with this latest launch is catch up with where their rivals were 18 months ago. Yes they beat Samsung in court but all they did was draw attention to how good their product is and now it's outselling apple in many countries inc the USA.

I had 2 iPhones (3Gs and a 4) but I honestly can't ever see me having another one at this rate.

apple are anything but lagging behind htc or samsung, apple set the standard, samsung , htc etc catch up, then apple will just bring something out even better, had a play with a samsung android phone, my god it was complicated, it was terriable

Its not complicated, its just not as basic.

As someone who currently owns an iOS device and someone who owns an android device I would wing towards android.

Both have their upsides but equally both have their pitfalls.

Neither is a polished and true user friendly platform. The one thing iOS does much better tho is apps. The apps are of a far higher standard than Android.

apple are anything but lagging behind htc or samsung, apple set the standard, samsung , htc etc catch up, then apple will just bring something out even better, had a play with a samsung android phone, my god it was complicated, it was terriable

But so is an iOS phone to someone coming from Android. I spend half my life testing software and helping in the development of new systems, and IMO iOS menus and configuration is completely counter intuitive. Androids give much greater felxibility and are nicer to use. The biggest let down in most of the HTC/Samsung stuff are unfortunately Apples biggest strengths; Design, Layout, Build Quality, Brand Awareness and Advertising.

I have a 32GB iPhone 4s at the moment, the design is brilliant, the build quality is second to non, and the most important thing is I can keep my Music on it and use iTunes and have it sync to my iPad easily.

Apple might claim to be the the original and best blah blah, but to be honest Samsung and HTC are no spring chickens and were developing world beating handsets LOOONG before Apple ever thought about making mobiles (albeit not neccesarily under their own brand names). Apple were simply the catalyst in a market that was going to expand anyway.

But so is an iOS phone to someone coming from Android. I spend half my life testing software and helping in the development of new systems, and IMO iOS menus and configuration is completely counter intuitive. Androids give much greater felxibility and are nicer to use. The biggest let down in most of the HTC/Samsung stuff are unfortunately Apples biggest strengths; Design, Layout, Build Quality, Brand Awareness and Advertising.

I have a 32GB iPhone 4s at the moment, the design is brilliant, the build quality is second to non, and the most important thing is I can keep my Music on it and use iTunes and have it sync to my iPad easily.

Apple might claim to be the the original and best blah blah, but to be honest Samsung and HTC are no spring chickens and were developing world beating handsets LOOONG before Apple ever thought about making mobiles (albeit not neccesarily under their own brand names). Apple were simply the catalyst in a market that was going to expand anyway.

agree 100% with that.

My contract is up now and I'm also looking for something new, I have the 3GS and my missus has the Samsung S3 (which is pretty awesome apart from being ridiculously big). But what about windows phone? Is this something that could be a competitor with the windows phone 8 coming out? Or is it pretty much a write off?

My contract is up now and I'm also looking for something new, I have the 3GS and my missus has the Samsung S3 (which is pretty awesome apart from being ridiculously big). But what about windows phone? Is this something that could be a competitor with the windows phone 8 coming out? Or is it pretty much a write off?

Honestly I've not used the latest windows phone, its supposedly a big improvement. If your thinking about it definitely go in to the store and have a play, make sure it does ALL the things you want (calls, music, emails, browsing whatever your preference).

Personally I'm not a big fan, I ordered in 3 HTC HD2 (windows phones) when they were first released as a test bed for our engineers and a potential platform for some new software. They were ****. Genuinely almost NO redeeming factors, and they regularly dumped their memory and lost contacts/emails etc.

We had them all sent make as unfit for purpose and O2 didn't even question my decision (which says a lot).

Honestly I've not used the latest windows phone, its supposedly a big improvement. If your thinking about it definitely go in to the store and have a play, make sure it does ALL the things you want (calls, music, emails, browsing whatever your preference).

Personally I'm not a big fan, I ordered in 3 HTC HD2 (windows phones) when they were first released as a test bed for our engineers and a potential platform for some new software. They were ****. Genuinely almost NO redeeming factors, and they regularly dumped their memory and lost contacts/emails etc.

We had them all sent make as unfit for purpose and O2 didn't even question my decision (which says a lot).

I totally agree with you there - I had an HD2 with windows on it, then my best mate put Android on it - much preferred that. Windows is absolute load of total poo!!!

HTC One X for me next though. I do love the iPad, i'll say that much, but I would NEVER buy one, the fact I won this one was a bonus. All things Apple are just too expensive!

Looks like O2 and Vodafone customers will have to jump ship to either Orange, T-Mobile or 3 if they are looking to use the 4G functionality of the new iPhone 5.

It's not setup to work with O2 and Vodafone frequencies.

Orange it is for me then.

That'll be because Everything Everywhere own Orange and T-Mobile, they're the guys that will be launching the 4G network in the UK. I had heard though that EE would set up their own brand first and be the only one to provide 4G in the early stages so as not to provide and unfair market advantage to Orange and T-Mobile.

Got our 2 pre-ordered this morning.

Used the Apple store app on the iPhone with no issues.

Similar Thread Suggestions