If Porsche made a hot hatch

A little help .....

I’ve taken the b pillar black plastic off as it was looking a bit tired . I’ll be getting this section wrapped in gloss black , along with the door handles and side bullets .... wondering what’s people’s opinions on having the bump strips also done in gloss black ? I think with the already gloss black roof , spoiler , wheels it would tie it all together ....

Opinions welcome

View attachment 134759
Looking good. What did you use to remove old vinyl? Been putting this job off for as long as I can remember!

Looking good. What did you use to remove old vinyl? Been putting this job off for as long as I can remember!

Just a heat gun mate .... low setting and making sure you just keep an eye on the temp of the panel with your hand . ... one came off literally in 2 bits , other side was worse but only 20mins work for both sides . Then just tar remover , followed by a polish with the DA

Reactions: Big Ben
91CDB6AC-CBC7-41B7-B366-03BD8A04B062.jpeg
Love the bit on the bottom of those plates! :grinning:

Seems a shame to cover those lovely seats up....

Yes I agree .... but knowing the seats are protected makes me happy and I remove them when I’m out for a proper drive ... even the Porsche is subjected to seat covers !

Reactions: Ocsltd
Any updates? It's been at least 24 hours.......:tearsofjoy:

Hahaha ..... just been enjoying driving it to be honest !! I’ll order the suspension ( and been reading about superpro adjustable drop links , worth it ?) next week ... and depending how work goes also order the ad08r’s..... noticed they do a ad08rs now ?

As you’re probably gathering ... I go a bit mad when I’ve bought a new car to play with .... if you go by my track record , it’ll be up for sale in 6 months hahaha

Reactions: Ocsltd
Hahaha ..... just been enjoying driving it to be honest !! I’ll order the suspension ( and been reading about superpro adjustable drop links , worth it ?) next week ... and depending how work goes also order the ad08r’s..... noticed they do a ad08rs now ?

As you’re probably gathering ... I go a bit mad when I’ve bought a new car to play with .... if you go by my track record , it’ll be up for sale in 6 months hahaha

Haha, you sound a lot like me! I think half the fun is making the car 'just right', but once everything is done, you run out of things to do and boredom sets in.... You can't beat all those new parts turning up!
Glad to hear you're putting some miles on it though, I think these cars really do get under your skin!

Reactions: Bodyboarder81
Yeah that looks unreal! So you sprayed the inlet etc?

Sent from my ONEPLUS A5010 using Tapatalk

Yep ... just removed , unbolted anything I could , then mask it all up and clean / degreased , sprayed . Bits that I couldn’t spray I painted with the same stuff . The pics probably make it look better than it is but just looks a bit fresher . Then gave all the plastics a coating , polished the bonnet etc

Also removed the slightly crusty bonnet alarm bracket and sprayed that with black hammerite

Reactions: lewishunter98
.... I’m having a dilemma at the moment .

I really can’t fault the cup chassis on the Clio ... the balance between sporty / ride comfort / body control for the roads I drive on is very well matched .

Which is leaving me scratching my head a little ....

All I’d really like is for the Clio to sit another 20-30mm lower and have the same sort of chassis characteristics.

What’s my options people ?

Do I need the b14’s ? Ruled out the H&R springs ... Eibach Springs any better ? How much Would they drop a cup chassis by ?

As much as I’d like to make this into a more track oriented car , it’s really still will be a 95% road car .

Any help from members, as always will be appreciated... especially with people who have the eibachs fitted

Reactions: lewishunter98
I used grams springs with cup shocks and they were very good. 30mm drop all round and easy good enough for a track day. Kamracing sell them

I used grams springs with cup shocks and they were very good. 30mm drop all round and easy good enough for a track day. Kamracing sell them

And how about the road characteristics Ben ? The cup pack just seems to be very good at going flat out down a bump B road !

Thanks for the feedback

And how about the road characteristics Ben ? The cup pack just seems to be very good at going flat out down a bump B road !

Thanks for the feedback
Firm setup no doubt. Not sure you’d class them as crashy though. My current Gaz coilovers are track focussed and are pretty horrible on roads in comparison!

According to Kamracing website they were designed to work with cup shocks. I can’t compare them to other lowering springs but I thought they were decent

I'm not a springs fan but if it was the only option available I would go for Eibach, perfect enough drop and their spring rates are far better than H&Rs.

Thing is that you are losing damper travel and most importantly there is only one kind available for purchase. Now, there are 4 different dampers for the mk3 clio so this set can not really be a good pair to all of them! I find it impossible to believe.

I'd personally leave it as it is or go for the B14s which are very nicely priced.