If Porsche made a hot hatch

Properly looking after it! Always worth doing them little jobs too

Sent from my ONEPLUS A5010 using Tapatalk

Oh yes ... it’s just seems to be part of my personality now !! Even my van and chipper are detailed / ceramic coated every year !

Can’t wait to break out the DA polisher soon on the RS ... need to do the family car first though :worried:

Reactions: lewishunter98
Hahaha! I wish I had the motivation to do that. My work van doesn't get touched at all. The Clio on the other hand is washed weekly and it only gets driven on weekends [emoji23] Really needs a good going over with a DA though, it's too swirly [emoji22]

Those wheels look cracking. Does that stuff stop brake dust from sticking to them because I find properly cleaning wheels so tedious. Might have to add it to my bucket list if it does. A friends linked me to the company before and I know there stuff isn't cheap but if it does the job.

image.jpeg I think that rear end would look good with a black Renaultsport badge, to match the black diamond. If you search Matthew Hayward on the 197/200 Facebook page, he can sort you out with a decent badge with your choice of colour for the lettering....

Reactions: Bodyboarder81
Those wheels look cracking. Does that stuff stop brake dust from sticking to them because I find properly cleaning wheels so tedious. Might have to add it to my bucket list if it does. A friends linked me to the company before and I know there stuff isn't cheap but if it does the job.

There stuff , as you say, isn’t cheap . It’s very good quality though ... I’ve got quite a bit of their products and they just last very well . It’s all about the prep though with the coatings . Make sure you buy and use their panel wipe before applying the coatings ..... one of my favourite products from them is their permanent trim restorer .

I loved reading this thread at work today, especially on a Monday, the new 200 looks ridiculously clean !!!
What exact model and year is the white Porsche out of interest?

It’s a model year 2014 981 cayman s , n/a flat 6 325bhp . Spec of the top of my head
Sports exhaust
Sport chrono
Pasm
Pdk
LSD
Extended leather
Sports plus seats
Plus loads of other options I can’t remember!!

Yes the Clio is a pretty clean car :smile:

Lower seat rail came yesterday... so when I finished work got that fitted .

It was 2nd hand and came with no instructions , maybe it was just me but it was a right fiddly git of a job !!

Managed to re-use the original side plastics , even the handle pump , so all looks completely oem .

Just need to whip the seat out later and trim a tad of the bottom of the plastic cover .

Set the seat to the middle height and feels spot on . Would probably go to the lowest setting but dont think my wife will be able to see over the steering wheel .

I’ll get some pics later but pretty pleased with it ... can’t wait to drive it :smile:

Last edited:
A little help .....

I’ve taken the b pillar black plastic off as it was looking a bit tired . I’ll be getting this section wrapped in gloss black , along with the door handles and side bullets .... wondering what’s people’s opinions on having the bump strips also done in gloss black ? I think with the already gloss black roof , spoiler , wheels it would tie it all together ....

Opinions welcome

D4B02BD5-1E6F-4A0C-A9ED-B83FCFBFE893.jpeg

.... also went to order the Bilstein’s today from kam racing . Very good of them to mention it might be worth waiting until next month , as they’ve just doing a deal with Bilstein for a discount on them starting in July . So I’ll have to be patient and wait ... that’s hard for me !! Hahaha

You'll love the bilsteins if you're definitely going to order them! They corner much flatter than standard suspension but are not uncomfortable/undriveable on the roads and dampen bumps really well

Reactions: Bodyboarder81
A little help .....

I’ve taken the b pillar black plastic off as it was looking a bit tired . I’ll be getting this section wrapped in gloss black , along with the door handles and side bullets .... wondering what’s people’s opinions on having the bump strips also done in gloss black ? I think with the already gloss black roof , spoiler , wheels it would tie it all together ....

Opinions welcome

View attachment 134759
Do it it’ll look sweet. I’ve been meaning to do it myself with the mirrors and bumper being gloss black. Currently wrapped in a not so nice faux carbon fibre.

*edit* Disregard this. You said B pillar:oops:

E058A252-91D6-4464-8E26-0B52427D9FE0.jpeg

Last edited: