I miss having a turbo.......

Love that...Clio chassis is brill. To me, its just comes down to preference and what suits your driving style. Just shows how brill they are on the track and twisties. The issue for me is in real life, day to day driving, your generally not on the twisties or a track. I want something that can give me more torque without the drama of having to find it going really fast.

In that case you really bought the wrong car! Although how much do you need in just day to day driving?

I had a 1.6 Focus TDCI a few years back, 110hp and around 160lbft the same as the 197. My Clio is LOTS faster all over the lower rev range than that was (because of the gearing) and that car was more than quick enough in day to day driving. Maybe the Clio 'feels' flat low down because of how it pulls high up, it's all relative.

If you keep the Clio revving it's quite a fast car tbh, and i've had some quick cars in my time..

Keep it above 5K revs with you're hand glued to the gearstick and foot glued to the pedal and I guarantee you will never have as much fun in you're entire life! Shame they didn't put a couple more gears in though!

I'm so hooked on NA that I'll be leaving the Renaultsport marque once my 200 has served its purpose.

To me there's nothing like having to work for progress, the video of the 200 vs the Focus RS sums it up perfectly, you get a bead of sweat or two, but what a blast!

Who cares if Mr Turbo can out torque you up hills/in gear?

On a few meets I have been following a few ClioSports and have to say in a straight line, very little in it. I can keep up but little progress is made.

Compared to the standard Meggy there's very little in it in outright speed.

The Megane just pulls better low down and 'feels' quicker when the turbo hits.

A mapped Meggy is a different story, though.. My old Megane 260/300 and was effective. Clio is much more fun, though.

mordern turbos no lag? tell a new Astra GTC VXR owner that! as im sure anyone else that has driven it will agree its laggy as hell.

cant beat NA throttle control but a turbo is a nice day to day drive

mordern turbos no lag? tell a new Astra GTC VXR owner that! as im sure anyone else that has driven it will agree its laggy as hell.

That's just 1 example of a **** car, the same cannot be said about modern turbo'd cars in general.
The FQ400 on top gear was made to look like a joke by pulling off in a high gear with no boost, why would this matter ? any car will perform poorly if not driven properly.
As for Megan vs Clio I come out of corners on to straight's at K-Hill behind a couple of different Megane's a few times and there is a big difference in that scenario, the Clio had no chance.
The Megane's may not have even been std. but the cost of modding them compared to taking the Clio to that level would be a big difference.
Clio's are excellent at handling but I would wonder if heavily modifying one for the sake of more speed may compromise what makes it such a good car in the first place.
There are plenty of other cars with a lot more bang for buck if it is just out right speed you want and a turbo would be a good place to start :smile:
J

TBH I'm missing N/A, turbo power isn't all that. Especially when the seal go on the turbo! Lol!

Compared to the standard Meggy there's very little in it in outright speed.

The Megane just pulls better low down and 'feels' quicker when the turbo hits.

A mapped Meggy is a different story, though.. My old Megane 260/300 and was effective. Clio is much more fun, though.

agree with this^

I said a few months ago that i had a play with a megane and there was nothing in it but a few said that the megane was more likley to be playing with me.
it must of been standard.

i just love when on a b road say in a small village you exit the 30 zone and then just accelerate away and just feel it pull harder and harder all the way to the limiter.....blooming addictive :hug1:

i thing i find with the clio is sometimes it feels really quick and it want to pull your face off then other times it just feels average.

laggy as hell............ dont know which one you have driven but certainly not on mine their is a slight delay at the most :glare:

i just love when on a b road say in a small village you exit the 30 zone and then just accelerate away and just feel it pull harder and harder all the way to the limiter.....blooming addictive :hug1:

I like to do that on that straight coming out of Aberford heading back towards here. :smiley:

i thing i find with the clio is sometimes it feels really quick and it want to pull your face off then other times it just feels average.

I get that, depends on the road, driving down country lanes it feels stupid quick, chasing a mk1 clio with a turbo on it down the local bypass in a wide open space it felt shockingly underpowered.

laggy as hell............ dont know which one you have driven but certainly not on mine their is a slight delay at the most :glare:

i drove a number of them. Even Stu Harris commented how laggy it is. it needs reved and not until its held at high revs is on song. IIRC up to 3500-4000 rpm it had no pull!

Tbh your just starting to annoy me now with the constant slagging of it and don't think many of the reviews have drove it 15k so I like to think I have a better opinion than they do but like I said before it's slight and not massive like your exaggerating